Using a B.R.A.C. Bank calculator during a tournament match?? Legal or no?

VIProfessor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In a local weekend tournament, a player pulled a B.R.A.C. bank calculator out of his pocket to figure out where on the rail to aim. Is that legal?? If not, what is the penalty?

pw98

Registered
In a local weekend tournament, a player pulled a B.R.A.C. bank calculator out of his pocket to figure out where on the rail to aim. Is that legal?? If not, what is the penalty?
Not legal, forfeit of rack, if he does it again he forfeits match.

PracticeChampion

There's a rule about not using gadgets and tools.

Did it work? I bet it didn't help, a person still has to put a certain amount of English on or no English etc and hit the shot

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not legal, forfeit of rack, if he does it again he forfeits match.
What rule set are you referring to? You state this with absolutely no idea what rules they are playing under. It's a local weekend tournament. If it's not part of their rule set, it's legal unless the tournament director rules otherwise.

pw98

Registered
What rule set are you referring to? You state this with absolutely no idea what rules they are playing under. It's a local weekend tournament. If it's not part of their rule set, it's legal unless the tournament director rules otherwise.
Pretty much all of them. There are rules that say you are only allowed to use cues, chalk, etc and that each item can only be used for its purpose. If this book was legal then everyone could have a coach and have notebooks full of shots and how to shoot them it would get absurd.

VIProfessor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BCAPL rules.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can’t think of a single set of rules that doesn’t specifically forbid the use of an external aiming device.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My po
Pretty much all of them. There are rules that say you are only allowed to use cues, chalk, etc and that each item can only be used for its purpose. If this book was legal then everyone could have a coach and have notebooks full of shots and how to shoot them it would get absurd.
My point was he said "Local Tournament". They don't always conform to organized rule sets.

pw98

Registered
My po

My point was he said "Local Tournament". They don't always conform to organized rule sets.

If that is the case I dont know what to say. With that logic they can use a computer program or a coach to plan every shot as there is no rule against it as well.

pw98

Registered
Junk like this is one of the worst things in pool. People want to use computer programs to tell them how to shoot then say its not cheating when called out on it. Like WTF? Is this Esports? Even this crap isnt legal in games like shooterspool, lol...

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm n
If that is the case I dont know what to say. With that logic they can use a computer program or a coach to plan every shot as there is no rule against it as well.
I'm not saying I think it should be allowed. I commented about what rules they were playing by. Have you ever played in Texas Express tournaments? They use rules that go against the grain also

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What if
It sure does.
What if I use my cell phone to measure my break speed using the Predator Break Speed app? Is it still an aiming device? Using the diamond system is the exact same thing as using the bank calculator. Once you learn that is.