USPPA Reno players, did they get paid?

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tony is a hard headed idiot who is biting off his nose at the moment. He is gonna lose unless he gets the right lawyer and that will cost more than the judgment

Jeff Did you print that front page of the Usppa site? make sure Judge know how much of that prize money comes from entry fees also

Last edited:

mbj

"Burl" Ives approves
Silver Member
A question was asked because I would like to know the answer to the asked question.

I do not see where California has jurisdiction in this Civil Matter.

defendants are located in California so Court has personal jurisdiction over them ... Perhaps he had a basis for a forum non conveniens argument, but that's different than jurisdiction and is discretionary with the court

Last edited:

actioncentral

Have cue. Will travel.
Silver Member
Annigoni Trial date

Still waiting for the court trial that ANNIGONI requested by appealing the small claims case. I went back to Fairfield Solano County Court, and they are going to get a jury together now and get a trial ready. I will post when the trial is supposed to be. Thanks for all the support.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Still waiting for the court trial that ANNIGONI requested by appealing the small claims case. I went back to Fairfield Solano County Court, and they are going to get a jury together now and get a trial ready. I will post when the trial is supposed to be. Thanks for all the support.

I wish you good luck in your quest for judgement.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I thought the whole purpose of small claims was to avoid trials. I didn't realize you could appeal your way to a trial. Who gets to pay court costs?

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
court trial?

I am hoping too that Jeff wins his rightful claim to getting paid, along with all others who didn't get paid. I was wondering too why this got taken down from the "sticky" threads. I am another who doesn't understand why Annigoni is going down this road......as someone already mentioned, doesn't this appeal and impending "court trial" require the further services of a lawyer which might cost more than the amount he already owes?

thommy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am hoping too that Jeff wins his rightful claim to getting paid, along with all others who didn't get paid. I was wondering too why this got taken down from the "sticky" threads. I am another who doesn't understand why Annigoni is going down this road......as someone already mentioned, doesn't this appeal and impending "court trial" require the further services of a lawyer which might cost more than the amount he already owes?

Everyone has the right to represent them self, and have a fool for client:grin:

Maybe he has a barrister "stuck" so the services are free?

Or maybe he is just trying to drag this out as long as possible to avoid the inevitable?:eek:

saint1

saint1
Silver Member
I thought the whole purpose of small claims was to avoid trials. I didn't realize you could appeal your way to a trial. Who gets to pay court costs?

I agree with Bob. I live in N. Ca. I have been to small claims many times. You sign a document stating that you give up your right to any other court. Twice I won the judgement(the defendents always appeal) only to have it reversed. It is usually done by a protem Judge who could really care less. This is done with out any futher court visits and both parties are notified by mail. This is final and nothing else can be done. Perhaps their county could run courts differently? But good luck with the matter regardless.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
So if the Plaintiff wins the Case, and the Defendant looses, the Plaintiff ONLY HAS A JUDGEMENT, and Hope that the Defendant will pay the judgement. So if the Defendant doesn't pay another court action will be required.

Now a question for the Plaintiff? Does the Defendant have the means to pay a Judgement should they loose in Court, like Money, Saving, Property, or other Assets you could attach. Because if the Defendant don't have squat, and you win the JUDGEMENT, you will only have a worthless piece of paper.

saint1

saint1
Silver Member
So if the Plaintiff wins the Case, and the Defendant looses, the Plaintiff ONLY HAS A JUDGEMENT, and Hope that the Defendant will pay the judgement. So if the Defendant doesn't pay another court action will be required.

Now a question for the Plaintiff? Does the Defendant have the means to pay a Judgement should they loose in Court, like Money, Saving, Property, or other Assets you could attach. Because if the Defendant don't have squat, and you win the JUDGEMENT, you will only have a worthless piece of paper.

Yes, All true. Does not mean you will get a penny. You can file a lien, attachments etc. Will be on defendents credit report, but comes off in 7 or 10 years I believe. And no you cannot just head over to a billiard hall and show judgement and start taking equipment. etc.

actioncentral

Have cue. Will travel.
Silver Member
Two Club & USPPA & Tony Annigoni vs Jeff Gregory Superior Court 9/28/2012 10am

Well the day is almost here. Been a long road without getting a dime, Tomorrow is the trial de novo at 600 Union Ave. Fairfield, CA Dept 10.
The honorable Michael Mattice, Judge presiding.

Thanks for all the support from all the AZers out there. I hope the decision goes in my favor. I dont know any reason why this has taken so long. Lets hope justice prevails.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well the day is almost here. Been a long road without getting a dime, Tomorrow is the trial de novo at 600 Union Ave. Fairfield, CA Dept 10.

Thanks for all the support from all the AZers out there. I hope the decision goes in my favor. I dont know any reason why this has taken so long. Lets hope justice prevails.

HOPE tomorrow you become a WINNER!

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, All true. Does not mean you will get a penny. You can file a lien, attachments etc. Will be on defendents credit report, but comes off in 7 or 10 years I believe. And no you cannot just head over to a billiard hall and show judgement and start taking equipment. etc.

In NY i got a judgment against a business - i turned it over to the City Marshall's Office and he collected $3K within a month for a measly fee of $35 or so. There should be some govt outfit that helps u-ask the court clerk if you dont know.

actioncentral

Have cue. Will travel.
Silver Member
Gettin paid!

At this point, I WOULD gladly pay $100 to have the sheriff collect the cash for me from Annigoni. I am going to check into that.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

It's a slam dunk for the court to uphold the small claim ruling.

You can't squeeze blood with that judgement but you can dog them, attach their bank accounts and wages, and hound them for 10 years after you win, then renew it for 10 more years.

Maybe you can get some more money for your additional expenses? Maybe you can tell the judge the mediation story - he will not be sympathetic at all to Tony. That will hurt him. What a jackass!

Last edited: