Veneer Colors for Braz/Braz or Purpleheart/Braz???

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
Hi Folks,

need your help on a fullsplice Cue/wrapless. Wood be in Braz into Braz or Purpleheart Forearm into Braz. WHAT Choice of Veneer Colors(4 Veneers) would you prefer. Pics are welcome:wink:
Thanks,
Ralf

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=283850

There are some great choices in the thread above from the cue and case gallery. My preference would be naturals and light browns in some combination to break up the splice but does not detract from the beauty of the wood. If it was something I was doing it would be rosewood into rosewood with natural, mahogany, natural, mahogany veneers. Or something along the lines of Eric's rosewood Gus.

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
Eric's Szamboti is a good Option:thumbup:
but need some Options for a purpleheart forearm with Brazilian Points/Butt
Thanks,
Ralf

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went through a similar scenario recently. I was having a camatillo rosewood cue made and could not come to a suitable solution for veneer colors. I even had the forearm samples in hand but could not picture what they would actually look like when turned down. The camatillo rosewood forearm I chose is a deep burgundy color so I took the easy road and went with all ivory everywhere. To address your question another problem is that all cuemakers do not all have similar dyed veneers. Furthermore some of the older cuemakers have lots of veneer stock that is no longer made due to some veneer suppliers no longer being in business. I was advised to look at mens neck ties by one since the striped patterns are similar to veneers. Either way you still have to decide which colors you like yourself and what looks best to you on a particular piece of wood. I wish you luck, for my next cue I intend on making an appointment to spend some time at the shop with the cuemaker going over final design and color choices.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Muted red, natural, mahogany, and natural. Red to the purple heart side.

WalkerInTN

Mr. Entertainment
Silver Member
I had a Braz/Braz 4 point wrapless cue in the works a while back that never was finished up (cuemaker's fault, not mine). I picked natural/black/green/natural (was using the same green for a stitched ring at the joint). I saw the initial pics of the John Davis blank, it looked great. Wish I would have been able to get the cuemaker to finish it up. The natural veneers on the outsides really set the Brazilian Rosewood off & didn't get lost like a darker veneer would.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Inside-to-out.....natural/maple, mahogany, light blue, natural/maple.......or why not do 5 veneers and add purple after the light blue :eek:

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
Inside-to-out.....natural/maple, mahogany, light blue, natural/maple.......or why not do 5 veneers and add purple after the light blue :eek:
:thumbup2::thumbup2::thumbup2::wub::clapping::love2::yeah:
thanks you nailed it with 5 Veneers,
Ralf