Vernal Utah?

Tokyo-dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyplace to play in the Vernal, Roosevelt, Myton area? Big tables and friendly cheap sets? Or maybe even bar tables that don't play like bar tables?

Dave

ginsu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyplace to play in the Vernal, Roosevelt, Myton area? Big tables and friendly cheap sets? Or maybe even bar tables that don't play like bar tables?

Dave
Utah is mostly bar tables. Ogden and Salt Lake City have a couple of halls with 9' tables. A little drive from Vernal but you can find champions in Utah, Mark Tad, Tommy Baker, Ace Brown all of whom have won national Championships and there are more. I believe Eric Durbin is also in SLC right now. So plenty of good players but be careful you could lose your money to a nobody who really isn't a nobody, some of the best barbox players in the country reside in Utah.

Tokyo-dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Utah is mostly bar tables. Ogden and Salt Lake City have a couple of halls with 9' tables. A little drive from Vernal but you can find champions in Utah, Mark Tad, Tommy Baker, Ace Brown all of whom have won national Championships and there are more. I believe Eric Durbin is also in SLC right now. So plenty of good players but be careful you could lose your money to a nobody who really isn't a nobody, some of the best barbox players in the country reside in Utah.

Thank you. I'm aware of most of the names you mentioned, and not looking to take down any champs. Didn't know Durbin was in the Utah area however. Seriously was hoping to find big tables, or at least playable bar tables with something a little more than bar bangers. Don't want any trouble the first time I call somebody on a no cushion foul. Another reason I'm not interested in the box is that EVERYBODY is a champion on the box (except me).
I guess the Unitah Civic Center has two big tables where at least I can stay loose until I finish this job that has placed me in this *{€~%= part of the United States.
Dave