Veterans Day

Paul Mon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My sincere thanks and gratitude to all US veterans. God bless all of you. Today allows us the opportunity to reflect on what you've done for us. Let's not forget these brave men and women the other 364 days of the year. BTW, I'm a strong proponent of allowing Veterans free access to all US & state toll roads. How tough would that be to show our gratitude.

Paul.......Thanks Vets

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
My sincere thanks and gratitude to all US veterans. God bless all of you. Today allows us the opportunity to reflect on what you've done for us. Let's not forget these brave men and women the other 364 days of the year. BTW, I'm a strong proponent of allowing Veterans free access to all US & state toll roads. How tough would that be to show our gratitude.

Paul.......Thanks Vets

Paul Mon passed away 01-19-2010. This post epitomises his contributions to this forum. Always kind and informative, his contributions to this forum will be missed. RIP Paul.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member

Paul.......Thanks Vets

God Bless you Sir and the ones you left behind, may you rest in peace.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
AZB Hall of Fame?

Paul Mon passed away 01-19-2010. This post epitomises his contributions to this forum. Always kind and informative, his contributions to this forum will be missed. RIP Paul.

hangemhigh:

Thank you for notifying us of Paul's unfortunate passing. He was indeed always kind, respectful, informative, and insightful. I had some great offline PM discussions with him about the veterans benefits topic (I'm a veteran myself), and he had some very kind things to say. A couple days ago, I made a mental note that I hadn't seen or heard anything on these boards from him, but I thought it was just a case of the holiday season and catch-up, etc. I thought in due time, we'd be graced again with his posts. This is very sad news.

Because of his contributions to these boards, perhaps we might want to consider enshrining him in the AZB Hall of Fame?

Rest in peace, Paul.
-Sean

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
I am a Vet Counselor for the VA, and people like this just put a lump in my throat. Truely sincere people that appreciate what Veterans have done for us, and continue to do for us. If it were not for our Veterans, where would we be as a country?

From one fellow Vet to all the Vets reading this, Thank YOU for your Selfless Service to our Country and all the Freedoms we enjoy!

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
How very sad to hear of his passing. For all the resentment that many of us faced returning to the states back in the 60s and 70s, just one grateful comment like that from Paul made everything we did more than worth it!
Steve

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member

I'm so sorry to hear about Paul's passing.

RIP Paul Mon!

JoeyA

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I do not know much about Paul Mon other than what I've read here on this post, but I echo his sentiments of the veterans who have sacrificed so much for our liberties. May God go with all our veterans and please take our friend Paul into your place of eternity.

I for one think any American serviceman/servicewoman is entitled to MUCH more than a free pass on the tollway.

R.I.P. Paul Mon!!! May your family find peace/comfort soon.

Maniac

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Damn, I had a feeling something was up. When I saw Paul selling his pool memorabilia and knic knacks, I was thinking that he might have been getting divorced.

I first "met" Paul on Billard digests CCB. Paul was an active and easy going poster. We both lurked azb for several years before coming over. I had a chance to meet him at the vf expo one year by missed him, unfortunately.

This is sad news about an easy going, likeable Guy. I'll miss ya, Paul.

Eric

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
This is very sad news. I have had the pleasure of calling Paul my friend for many years. I know he is up there running balls (or racking for) Irving Crane and Pat Howey. RIP, my friend. You will be terribly missed.

teaz01

Unabashed Basher
Silver Member
Thank you Paul!

Hi,
I would like to thank all the men and women of our armed forces too. Besides being the most feared war machine on the planet your efforts as a Corp of humanitarians do this country proud.
I would also like to thank the families of our fallen and wounded. Your sacrifices will not be forgotten.
May God bless and protect you all.

Last edited:

QMAKER

LIVE FREE OR DIE
Silver Member
Veterans and service members

God bless our veterans and service members. Unless you have been there you have no idea of what they go through.

junkbond

The dog ate my stroke.
Silver Member
It was over 45 years ago that I first set foot in Viet Nam, and nearly 43 since I left. In that time, the only sincere expressions of appreciation I have encountered were right here on AZB, and the first I remember seeing was from Paul Mon. He was a true gentleman and will be missed.

Big_H515

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello all,

New to the forums, but felt it necessary to drop in and say a few words. Firstly, I am sorry for the families loss, based on what the other posters have said he will truely be missed, not only to his family, but the pool community in general.

As a member of the US Army, currently deployed to Iraq for my second time in three years, I speak for every one of my fellow soldiers when I say we appreciate the support and kind words! Nothing makes us feel better than having people we do not know shaking our hands, saying god bless and thank you.

I hate those that try to look down on us and think that what we are doing is wrong! To those people I respond by reminding them that we the soldier, and those that have fought and fallen before us, are the ones who give you the Freedom to complain...at which point if they are smart they shut up.

To all the other AZ'ers out there thank you so much for the support. God willing we will return home safely and be back to running racks again soon