Video - 2013 World Snooker Championship - Final - O'Sullivan vs Hawkins

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
%%%##%&&(( !!! Is this some kind of gaffe table? What's wrong with the cloth around the side pockets?

Just kidding, but the question is serious. Does the cloth on snooker tables always get worn like that around the side pockets? Is it worn like that on pool tables? If it is, I've never noticed it.

that cloth was brand new, changed for that match, its just how the light reflects off it, is what you saw.

flash5153

none
Silver Member
That was some good stuff. Watched it all.

I swear at the approx 1:20 of the last set the commentator said something like " This could be a titanic frugal" lol What the hell does that mean??

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've never played snooker. But I've got to say that I think watching Ronnie O'Sullivan play snooker when he is really "on" is about as enjoyable as anything I've ever seen in the cue sports. His combination of pocketing and positional skills, accomplished with such dispatch, is just amazing.

Here's a superb frame of his against Stuart Bingham from earlier in this year's World Championship: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqwDhOvqDfA

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've never played snooker. But I've got to say that I think watching Ronnie O'Sullivan play snooker when he is really "on" is about as enjoyable as anything I've ever seen in the cue sports. His combination of pocketing and positional skills, accomplished with such dispatch, is just amazing.

Here's a superb frame of his against Stuart Bingham from earlier in this year's World Championship: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqwDhOvqDfA
The referee needs to get running shoes.

That was some good stuff. Watched it all.

I swear at the approx 1:20 of the last set the commentator said something like " This could be a titanic frugal" lol What the hell does that mean??

I vaguely remember one of them mixing his metaphors and thinking WTF has he just said, and I think it was that. He meant to say "titanic struggle", obviously.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice clear camera shot showcasing a brutal skid/kick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kfVGPHTz2xI#t=218s

Sucks to have that happen when you're in good shape to rack up some points in a world championship.

You can see below that the black went a little airborne. I'm not so sure that it skidded. Hitting down even a little at speed, which he did, can cause the cb to jump a little. That in turn means that you are not going to hit the ob where you intended to if the cb is airborne when it hits the ob. Looks like that's what happened, because the ob jumped a little too.
Ronnie's skid.JPG

Last edited:

catpool9

"Rack Um"/ Rusty Lock
Silver Member
Snooker Championship 2013

European snooker fans are awesome!, a packed house!

American networks should open their EYES!

I wish we Americans had televised pool, if we only had a weekly pool league with the bio's of the players ....ect, I think it would go over pretty good here and have a good following of fans, I just don't understand why pool isn't on the TV !:rolleyes:

David Harcrow

Autist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree with you. It's amazing.

But I must say: You will probably never fully appreciate what they are doing until you try playing snooker on a 12-foot table. It's amazing too. If you have a chance, have a go :)

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
I just wish Barry Hearn would work his magic from across the pond and get international snooker going strong in the US. Can't see that ever happening though.