Virtual pool lessons with Tom Wirth

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am now offering One Pocket lessons to those of you who wish to improve their game from the comfort of their own home. No travel expenses. If you can set up a camera over your table and connect it to the internet I can get you on the road to higher levels of One Pocket bliss or any other popular pool game! I have a camera mounted over my table so you can view the setups and demonstrations for each lesson. The price is right too. Far cheaper that in person lessons but just as informative.
For further details contact me at trwirth369@gmail.com.

Cheers,

Tom Wirth

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beating a legend like Parica, in the finals, in a race to five is pretty impressive. What was the final score with Parica? How did you control such a monster player?
1691073710173.png

Reactions: bbb

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jose at the time maybe have been the best One Pocket player in the Country.
The final score was 5 -4 and it went down to the last two balls me needing one.
Somehow, I ended straight in on the six ball the length of the table but fairly close to it.
I remember my heart wanting to jump out of my chest.
Thrilling doesn't come close the the feeling I experienced throughout the entire event.
I was definitely on a mission once I got through my first round match with Grady.
Thanks for the memory.
BTW. This wasn't my first foray into tournament play. I won the MD state closed 9 ball Championships one year and the VA Open 9ball also.
Yeah, I could play!
Cheers,
Tom

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jose at the time maybe have been the best One Pocket player in the Country.
The final score was 5 -4 and it went down to the last two balls me needing one.
Somehow, I ended straight in on the six ball the length of the table but fairly close to it.
I remember my heart wanting to jump out of my chest.
Thrilling doesn't come close the the feeling I experienced throughout the entire event.
I was definitely on a mission once I got through my first round match with Grady.
Thanks for the memory.
BTW. This wasn't my first foray into tournament play. I won the MD state closed 9 ball Championships one year and the VA Open 9ball also.
Yeah, I could play!
Cheers,
Tom
Yup, some may have forgotten or not have known about Parica. Such a silky smooth, smart, confident player with ice water running through his veins. There was a period when he would play anyone, any game, for any amount. To my understanding, he lost very, very few matchups with that matchup philosophy. I watched him play Efren twice (9 ball), and Jose won both. I could be wrong, but I got the impression there's no love lost between those two.

If I was younger, I'd absolutely take some lessons from you. At this point in my pool playing though, I'm in downhill cruise control mode. :)

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If I was younger, I'd absolutely take some lessons from you. At this point in my pool playing though, I'm in downhill cruise control mode. :)
Have fun. Take a lesson or 2 just for the love of it. I have as much fun with Tom’s lesson as playing the game. Downhill cruiser also but the fun continues. No mountains. Just fun.

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tom showed me how he went out. A kick with 2 balls left? Loved it.
Just to be accurate Frank. That was a DCC match with Mr. 626 John Schmidt. It was definitely one of my finer moments!
The final shot in the match with Jose was not as dramatic. Anticlimactic compared to all that went on previous to that one shot.
It is easy to get confused due to all the wild finishes which I have been evolved. I only wish there were some vids of these matches. I think One Pocket enthusiast would be greatly entertained by some of them. Alas, Video of matches back then was far more rare than today.

Tom

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just to be accurate Frank. That was a DCC match with Mr. 626 John Schmidt. It was definitely one of my finer moments!
The final shot in the match with Jose was not as dramatic. Anticlimactic compared to all that went on previous to that one shot.
It is easy to get confused due to all the wild finishes which I have been evolved. I only wish there were some vids of these matches. I think One Pocket enthusiast would be greatly entertained by some of them. Alas, Video of matches back then was far more rare than today.

Tom
Would love to have seen you at your prime.... People said you were a show....