Want to improve? This is how. Part 1

Tom M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jude, that's one of the most useful "shot" posts I've seen here. It also illustrates how many more more layers there are to this game that just making shots and controlling the cue ball...

sigh...I have a LONG way to go.

whitey2

Time Stand Still
Silver Member
frankncali said:
[...]
I believe I need a new windows and that this is some how related. The version I have isnt real old but it can not be updated or validated.
[...]

FYI - Now and then I will boot into "Windows 98" to view cuetable diagrams, as I normally run LINUX.

But my point is that even Windows 98 is capable of supporting shockwave, and thus
the cuetable software.

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
Excellent post. Thanks to taking the time to point out some shots that many players take for granted and don't execute properly now and then.

James

Gregg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jude,

If I'm looking for real improvement, I need to work on shots that with CHALLENGE any player, not some of the shots you have listed that seem like basic position shots well within the reach of all but the inept.

Ha ha! Just kidding. Those shots are tough as heck, and I think have a place in my practice routine. In fact, aside from some patterns, I really don't have any position shots like this to add to my arsenal.

Thanks!

coryjeb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jude- Rep for you... I am impatiently waiting for Parts 2 - 14. Good stuff, I may have a man crush... shhh...

Highlanduh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rep to you!

Your willingness to take the time to create such a helpful thread is much appreciated.

BradE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jude great thread, I've practiced these shots a lot and feel pretty comfortable with them. Any chance for a part 2?

the420trooper

Free T-Rex
Silver Member
BradE said:
Jude great thread, I've practiced these shots a lot and feel pretty comfortable with them. Any chance for a part 2?

Jude has been gone from the forum for a few months now. His pearls of wisdom remain, but he never gave us a chance to learn everything that he knew.

He is one of the inactive posters that I miss very much. BTW, Jude, I would also play it with high right and go three rails.:wink:

"T"

Son of Da Poet
Silver Member
Just gave rep because I thought you were alive and well?

Hope you're alive! :D

BradE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the420trooper said:
Jude has been gone from the forum for a few months now. His pearls of wisdom remain, but he never gave us a chance to learn everything that he knew.

He is one of the inactive posters that I miss very much. BTW, Jude, I would also play it with high right and go three rails.:wink:

Why is he gone? I've read a lot of his threads and there is some great info within them.

JXMIKE

Aspiring Pro player
Silver Member
Thanks alot jude, cant wait to go to the pool hall and work on this.

rep for you sir.

stikapos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jude, you just stink. Just what I wanted when my aimless, shiftless, brainless sessions were doing such good. So now that you are going to make me better, does that mean I have to spend more time watching CSI with the wife ????
Written with every bit of my tongue in cheek,

With Best Regards,
tim]

p.s. I'm taking up another hobby that I can stink at again...

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
7 drills- 1 Image

Here are all the drills in one image in case anyone wants to print them out.

Colin

Attachments

• Jude's 7 Positional Drills sm.JPG
    Jude's 7 Positional Drills sm.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 607

leehayes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LoGiC said:
Its a shame Jude left, some great info here.

Jude didn't leave. Just chooses to no longer post...either way it's a shame.
Always had good input.

coryjeb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lee- sitting here at the hospital, waiting for my son to get out of surgery and saw this thread had been bumped. I was just thinking the other day about Jude not having posted in quite a while. I went and bumped another thread about him. I miss having him around. If you are in contact, tell him to stop by once in a while.