What a tool!!!

Flakeandrun

He bumped it but if his eyes were down table where they were supposed to be he may not have noticed. It was by no means "bashed"

My guess is it was news to both of them after the match. I don't get cheater or nit vibes from Filler.
to be fair, he's using an air rush, he felt it... sounds like tin when you clip a ball. I also don't think it's necessarily cheating to let a referee do their job...

Coos Cues

Coos Cues
to be fair, he's using an air rush, he felt it... sounds like tin when you clip a ball. I also don't think it's necessarily cheating to let a referee do their job...
If there is no ref it is. And your opponent isn't hovering but back in his chair where he belongs then it's really up to you to call it on yourself.

I guess we will never know for sure but if karma is the judge as usual then the right person won.

Flakeandrun

If there is no ref it is. And your opponent isn't hovering but back in his chair where he belongs then it's really up to you to call it on yourself.

I guess we will never know for sure but if karma is the judge as usual then the right person won.
Not sure how I feel about it to be honest. I grew up calling myself, and when I was learning to play snooker if I 'cheated' dad would pack the shit up and home we'd drive.
Living here I've observed some marked cultural differences with regard to calling:
For the most part, I have found people from the US rely on the opponent noticing, and won't call themselves unless they feel it's super obvious.
Europeans tend to call themselves, even when the opponent might not notice, often to their own detriment.
Chinese foul, laugh and see how serious you are, try to move the ball back and carry on like nothing happened.

Obviously not the way it plays 100% of the time, but behaviors/observations described briefly from my perspective that I have seen numerous times.

I'd say, as the opponent, eyes on the game. Assume everyone is out to get you lol certainly learned my lesson with regard to honesty, or assumed honesty on several occasions. Lee Van could have watched closely, Joshua could have admitted it. Neither really matters in the grand scheme of things. As karmic justice played out.

JPB2

Not sure how I feel about it to be honest. I grew up calling myself, and when I was learning to play snooker if I 'cheated' dad would pack the shit up and home we'd drive.
Living here I've observed some marked cultural differences with regard to calling:
For the most part, I have found people from the US rely on the opponent noticing, and won't call themselves unless they feel it's super obvious.
Europeans tend to call themselves, even when the opponent might not notice, often to their own detriment.
Chinese foul, laugh and see how serious you are, try to move the ball back and carry on like nothing happened.

Obviously not the way it plays 100% of the time, but behaviors/observations described briefly from my perspective that I have seen numerous times.

I'd say, as the opponent, eyes on the game. Assume everyone is out to get you lol certainly learned my lesson with regard to honesty, or assumed honesty on several occasions. Lee Van could have watched closely, Joshua could have admitted it. Neither really matters in the grand scheme of things. As karmic justice played out.
Isn’t Filler technically European? 😜

I didn’t see the match yesterday. But I have watched a little of the Post Up stream. Seems like every three seconds someone in the chat is asking (crying?) about fouls. The players are big boys. No refs in this tourney. Refs seemed to miss calls in the recent WPA Long Stocking Invitational. It’s driving me nuts. Too much rules stuff. Collins apparently spoke to the players and nobody thought anyone was doing anything deliberate.

Flakeandrun

Isn’t Filler technically European? 😜

I didn’t see the match yesterday. But I have watched a little of the Post Up stream. Seems like every three seconds someone in the chat is asking (crying?) about fouls. The players are big boys. No refs in this tourney. Refs seemed to miss calls in the recent WPA Long Stocking Invitational. It’s driving me nuts. Too much rules stuff. Collins apparently spoke to the players and nobody thought anyone was doing anything deliberate.
Yeah, he is. I wasn't saying it applies to everyone, just seemed to be something I noticed here. Maybe he is aware of this attitude, and therefore isn't going to say anything if his opponent isn't even watching. Maybe it should be the done thing. Both players should be present/paying attention.
There's no way on earth he didn't notice he hit the 9 lol
As long as the players are chill about it, then not sure why we all need to harp on about it.
Refs at the WPA events recently were shocking.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Filler is no cheater.

They were playing cue-ball fouls only. It was 8-7, Corteza in the lead. Filler had a long jump shot over the 4-ball to hit the 2-ball on a kick. He successfully cleared the 4-ball and hit the 2-ball. But the side of his cue veered a bit to the right after striking the cue ball and hit the 9-ball (about half a ball away from where the cue ball had been), moving it a few inches. The 2-ball kicked off one rail and back, contacting the 9-ball. So this was a foul, even under the rules for cue-ball fouls only.

Here is Filler explaining (to Molina Mike) what happened and why he did not call the foul (starting at about 1:10):

Last edited:

fiftyyardline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish he had made that first 10 ball at the end of that run after calling her on the no call.... because it could have gone to either corner and he never called it.
I wish he had made that first 10 ball at the end of that run after calling her on the no call.... because it could have gone to either corner and he never called it.
I think he may have called it in the corner - he raises his hand - but we can’t fully see if he is pointing to the corner.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler is no cheater.

They were playing cue-ball fouls only. It was 8-7, Corteza in the lead. Filler had a long jump shot over the 4-ball to hit the 2-ball on a kick. He successfully cleared the 4-ball and hit the 2-ball. But the side of his cue veered a bit to the right after striking the cue ball and hit the 9-ball (about half a ball away from where the cue ball had been), moving it a few inches. The 2-ball kicked off one rail and back, contacting the 9-ball. So this was a foul, even under the rules for cue-ball fouls only.

Here is Filler explaining (to Molina Mike) what happened and why he did not call the foul (starting at about 1:10):

so, after his cue had touched the 9, if the 2-ball hadn't reached, or had gone in another direction, it wouldn't have been a foul?

it's true as filler says, we don't play cb fouls only in europe. and for his part i would think DCC is usually the only time in the year he plays under that rule, so it's understandable he doesn't know the intricacies

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
so, after his cue had touched the 9, if the 2-ball hadn't reached, or had gone in another direction, it wouldn't have been a foul? ...
That's how I read what the WPA says in their "Rule Regulations" about "Cue Ball Fouls Only":

"If there is no referee presiding over a match, it may be played using cue ball fouls only. That is, touching or moving any ball other than the cue ball would not be a foul unless it changes the outcome of the shot by either touching another ball or having any ball, including the cue ball, going through the area originally occupied by the moved ball. If this does not happen, then the opposing player must be given the option of either leaving the ball where it lies or replacing the ball as near as possible to its original position to the agreement of both players. If a player shoots without giving his opponent the option to replace, it will be a foul resulting in cue ball in hand for the opponent."​

But I think some events treat it differently. In Zuglan's Turning Stone events, for instance, it is cue-ball fouls only, except in the act of shooting. So that would make Filler's shot a foul even if the 2-ball had not interfered in any way.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i thought non-obvious combos
must be called?

she made the one and it rolled
right at the two which was inches
from the three that was hanging in
the pocket there was no other shot
to take but the combo

no foul
Of course there is no foul. She just loses her turn for not calling the shot. She'll learn from it.

HelpMeScrubs0013

i thought non-obvious combos
must be called?

she made the one and it rolled
right at the two which was inches
from the three that was hanging in
the pocket there was no other shot
to take but the combo

no foul
They do. It'll be like mika an Jeffery de luna got into. It was obvious but he still had to call it.

StrokeofLuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler is no cheater.

Geez, I kind of like the guy now 😦

Coos Cues

Coos Cues
so, after his cue had touched the 9, if the 2-ball hadn't reached, or had gone in another direction, it wouldn't have been a foul?

it's true as filler says, we don't play cb fouls only in europe. and for his part i would think DCC is usually the only time in the year he plays under that rule, so it's understandable he doesn't know the intricacies

He bumped it but if his eyes were down table where they were supposed to be he may not have noticed. It was by no means "bashed"

My guess is it was news to both of them after the match. I don't get cheater or nit vibes from Filler.
He knew he bumped it at the time but didn't understand the rule for reasons he explained clearly.

I strongly believe watching him talk about it that if he had understood he fouled he would have picked up the cue ball and handed it to Lee.

I would be interested to know if Lee knew he bumped the nine? Does anyone know?