What aiming system does Tyler Skyler use?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You mean Tyler Styer.

Here's a good pic of him looking straight down the aim line....

And here he is telling the world he doesn't use poolology. (in so many lack of words)
Instead, he uses CTE and gives all credit to Stan.

“Truth of the matter is Stan Shuffett is the one and only guy who has Center-to-Edge Aiming right. It’s a great system and I’ve been using Center-to-Edge Aiming since I was 18 and I’d never aim any other way.”—Pro Player Tyler Styer

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And here he is telling the world he doesn't use poolology. (in so many lack of words)
Instead, he uses CTE and gives all credit to Stan.

“Truth of the matter is Stan Shuffett is the one and only guy who has Center-to-Edge Aiming right. It’s a great system and I’ve been using Center-to-Edge Aiming since I was 18 and I’d never aim any other way.”—Pro Player Tyler Styer
I wonder why people try so very dam hard to say he’s not using CTE. All you have to do is follow Tyler on social media to know that he does indeed use CTE and gives major credit to Stan

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I wonder why people try so very dam hard to say he’s not using CTE. All you have to do is follow Tyler on social media to know that he does indeed use CTE and gives major credit to Stan
Sick psycho idiots maybe? I don't know, just a wild guess that could be off base. (but I don't know what else it could be and I don't like to call names)

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
You can chill your jerk tendency please, lol. All I did was link a pic of Tyler looking straight down the line of aim. If CTE gets him to that line of aim then good for him. I certainly didn't mention or insinuate anything other than what I wrote. You don't have to chime in with your overzealous defense of CTE because no one is interested.

I have watched Tyler quite a bit, and recently also. Like most pros, he uses all the tools he knows when it comes to aiming.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Here is a little wisdom about his aiming system might no be best for you.

Like if he wears a size 10 shoe, will not fit you if you have 13 foot.🤥

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

Who here in this thread said he wasn't using CTE?

Sometimes you guys try to hard to look for anything that might remotely seem anti-CTE. Believe it or not, sometimes people can talk about aiming and not give a shit about CTE. I'm one of those people.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
When it comes to aiming, we all use our eyes and certain references, like points or lines. Good and consistent results are a matter of repetition and experience. Seeing the shots and knowing how to line up is the initial step in every aiming method. What follows is ensuring that the stroke is on the correct line to make it all happen.

In other words, it doesn't matter if you use fractions or contact points or ghost ball or CTE, the final solution is a matter of ensuring that your body and stroke are lined up appropriately to pocket the ball.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You can chill your jerk tendency please, lol. All I did was link a pic of Tyler looking straight down the line of aim. If CTE gets him to that line of aim then good for him. I certainly didn't mention or insinuate anything other than what I wrote. You don't have to chime in with your overzealous defense of CTE because no one is interested.
One always has to be on guard in this forum for an early squelch and you've been well known to show your colors and where they lie many times in the past. You're just more skilled at being sneaky with double meanings to get an escape like here. That's quite a knee jerk reaction to my post with 3 slam bam thank you ma'am posts right after. Guilty? And YES, you do give a shit or you wouldn't be in so many of these threads.
I have watched Tyler quite a bit, and recently also. Like most pros, he uses all the tools he knows when it comes to aiming.
Have you talked to him in person as far as what he uses and how? Does that mean he knows the math and visuals to poolology for use when he "stumbles" with CTE?

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
One always has to be on guard in this forum for an early squelch and you've been well known to show your colors and where they lie many times in the past. You're just more skilled at being sneaky with double meanings to get an escape like here. That's quite a knee jerk reaction to my post with 3 slam bam thank you ma'am posts right after. Guilty? And YES, you do give a shit or you wouldn't be in so many of these threads.

Have you talked to him in person as far as what he uses and how? Does that mean he knows the math and visuals to poolology for use when he "stumbles" with CTE?

I talked with him in person 2 weeks ago in Vegas, but not about any aiming method or system, because it's not important. I'm sure he knows experience is the most important element of aiming, regardless of whatever method or system a person uses.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

Honestly, I have seen pros miss shots out in the middle of the table on occassion, shots that are 100% no-guesswork with Poolology. These shots come up all the time.

I doubt very seriously any pro has looked at Poolology, but that doesn't mean it couldn't help them on some shots.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
When it comes to aiming, we all use our eyes and certain references, like points or lines. Good and consistent results are a matter of repetition and experience. Seeing the shots and knowing how to line up is the initial step in every aiming method. What follows is ensuring that the stroke is on the correct line to make it all happen.

In other words, it doesn't matter if you use fractions or contact points or ghost ball or CTE, the final solution is a matter of ensuring that your body and stroke are lined up appropriately to pocket the ball.
So why aren't you posting stuff like the above when CTE is being attacked almost daily by the gang of 8. (or less)

Why do you think the final solution is for your body and stroke to be lined up to pocket the ball? Doesn't it or shouldn't it
simultaneously fall in line with what the eyes and head are telling you since the eyes lead?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I talked with him in person 2 weeks ago in Vegas, but not about aiming, because it's not important. I'm sure he knows experience is the most important element of aiming, regardless of whatever method or system a person uses.
Sounds like you're putting the cart before the horse. Aiming is ALWAYS important in pool. As a pro player, experience is obvious, and he has it at the top echelon of players. He's also never hesitant to tout CTE and Stan and give credit where credit is due.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Honestly, I have seen pros miss shots out in the middle of the table on occassion, shots that are 100% no-guesswork with Poolology. These shots come up all the time.

I doubt very seriously any pro has looked at Poolology, but that doesn't mean it couldn't help them on some shots.
What shots would those be? When they miss it's usually for other reasons. More like getting ahead of themselves and losing focus or the dreaded "nerves" affecting the stroke. And then sometimes you miss just because you miss and it's part of the game.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
So why aren't you posting stuff like the above when CTE is being attacked almost daily by the gang of 8. (or less)

Why do you think the final solution is for your body and stroke to be lined up to pocket the ball? Doesn't it or shouldn't it
simultaneously fall in line with what the eyes and head are telling you since the eyes lead?

I decided a while back to no longer participate in the 20yr shit throwing contest.

As far as the final solution.... you can tell a newby to "aim here", and point to a place on the rail or the ob, they see where you're pointing but when they get down to shoot (still looking at the targeted aim point) their cue may or may not be lined up accurately to send the cb to that point.

So the first step to aiming is KNOWING or SEEING where to aim. The second step is ALIGNING your body and cue to what you are seeing. But the final result is only successful if you are indeed lined up correctly, which is matter feel/experience.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Sounds like you're putting the cart before the horse. Aiming is ALWAYS important in pool. As a pro player, experience is obvious, and he has it at the top echelon of players. He's also never hesitant to tout CTE and Stan and give credit where credit is due.

Yes it's important, but I think experience is what makes the difference, not the specific method of aiming.