what cue makers or brands have you owned?

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i've owned mezz,schon,meucci,cuetec,arnot,queperfect,gilbert,star city,petree..........i think that's it

masonh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the only cure i found was to start building cues.

over the years i jotted down specs and dimensions of most of the cues that i felt were incredible players and i based my cues off a compilation of those specs.

now that you bought a small lathe you have taken the first step to recovery.:grin-square:

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
bnall said:
1 Mali, 3 McDermott,4 Meucci, 10 Scruggs, 4 Sugartrees, 2 Bob Frey, 2 Jensens, 2 Masonh, 3 Varney, 1 Olney and another one on the way.:D

Don't forget the Bautista's.

jimmycue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Adams-Helmsteter-Predator-McDermott-Huebler 4x-Joss 5x-Chudy 3x-Tascarella 2x-Hercek 2x-Spain-Pancerny-Frey-Black, thats about all i can think of.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
In chronological order:

Palmer (offshore) - Sold to friend
Viking - gave to daughter
McDermott - gave to ol' man
Espiritu - traded
Jacoby - traded
Jacoby - traded
Skip Weston - Sold to AZer
Paul Allers - Sold to AZer
Skip Weston - Sold to AZer
Keith Josey - Sold to AZer
Players SP - gave to son
Murray Tucker - Sold back to runscott :crying:
Murray Tucker*
WilleeCue - traded
Helmstetter*

I think that's it...the '*' denotes cues still in my case and deemed to be 'Keepers' :thumbup:

Lisa

Last edited:

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
masonh said:
the only cure i found was to start building cues.

over the years i jotted down specs and dimensions of most of the cues that i felt were incredible players and i based my cues off a compilation of those specs.

now that you bought a small lathe you have taken the first step to recovery.:grin-square:

My name is Jazz and I'm a cue-ho. <step 1>

Unfortunately for me, some Pinoy guy named "Bautista" already decided to make "Jazz" cue :confused: so I'm doomed, not that I wanna ever make a cue. I'm into M0 and M1 money and swore off owning any property and associated debt in my name ... just a simple life for a simpleton.

Tiddler

AzB Silver Haired Member
Silver Member
Cues I have known

Abear
Abe Rich
AE
Balabushka
Bear
Bludworth
Bluegrass
Bobby Hunter
Brick
Brunswick
Capone
Cameron
Dieckman
DPK Omega
Dufferin
Gilbert
Gina
Gracio
Gus Szamboti
Gulyassey
Howard
Huebler
Hunter, Bobby
Jerico
Joss West
Josey
Klein
Layani
Lomax
Mace
Madden
Martin
Martinez
Masonh
McDermott
Meucci
Mezz
Mike Webb
Minnesota Fats
Morris
Murrell
Omen
Olney
Palmer
Phillipe
Player
Predator
Rauenzahn
Reeves
Sailor
Searing
Scruggs
Schon
Schuler
Schrager
Stacey
South West
Sugartree
Toeboy (William Rickard)
Viking
Xbreaker

Last edited:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Cues

I still own most of the cues I've purchased so I can't name them all, but I love playing with Jensen cues and 90's vintage Ernie Martinez cues. I collect all of the Colorado cue builders, and they all play great:

Ernie Martinez
Chris Byrne
Terry McFadden
Colorado cues
AE cues
Dave Kikel
Judd Fuller
Josswest
Gale Clark
Showcase

I also like all of my cues from builders I've learned of through AZ like Joey Batista, Sugartree, Jerry Rauenzahn, and I have a Masonh and Jeff Olney cue on the way.

The other cues I own that I really like are James White, Tim Scruggs, Richard Black, Cognoscenti, Bobby Hunter, Paul Mottey, Runde, Southwest, Abear, Steve Klein, Ned Morris, Paul Dayton, Pete Ohmen, Thomas Wayne, Alex Brick, Blackcreek, Rick Phillippi, Jim Buss, Madison Bob, Bob Frey, Mike Stacey, Bill Dominiak, Auerbach, Woodworth, Schon, Palmer, and last but not least Herman Rambow.

JMO-It seems like most of the custom cue builders build great playing cues.
I think the Holy Grail in cues, is finding one that you like and feel comfortable with.
Find a good solid cue that does all of the things you want it to, and use it consistently in competition.
I like to play around with most of my cues, but when I get serious nothing seems to play as good as the Jensen I am used to.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Jazz said:
My name is Jazz and I'm a cue-ho. <step 1>

Unfortunately for me, some Pinoy guy named "Bautista" already decided to make "Jazz" cue :confused: so I'm doomed, not that I wanna ever make a cue. I'm into M0 and M1 money and swore off owning any property and
associated debt in my name ... just a simple life for a simpleton.
You can call yours Hugh Jazz.
:D
Collecting is a lot more fun than making.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gus
Barry-Who??? ;)
Cantando
Tad
Showman
Tasc
Bushka
SW
Danny Janes
Billy Stroud
Thourghobred
Samsara
Billy Teeter
Bob Weir
Prewitt
McDermott
Mali
Viking
Player
Mucchi
Huebler
Schon
Black Boar
Peterson
Sugar Tree
Motty
Titlest Conversion
Tiger-break cue
Al Romero SP
Schmelke
Duffrin house cues
Cue-Tecks
Gulyassey
Scorpion
Perchaur
Ginacue
Richard Black
Varney
various snooker cues

Thats my list from memory in no real order, I dont own all those cues now some were over 20 years ago, some I have owned for 20 years. There might be more I just cant think of, its impossible to remember them all, I flipped so many cues.

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danktrees said:
audrikc, barnhart, bcm, carmeli, carolina, coker, dominiak, espiritu, falcon, gilbert, jacoby, james white, jensen, jim lee, joss, layani, logoni, lucasi, masonH, mcdaniel, mottey, omen, palmer, pechauer, predator, rauenzahn, robinson, schon, schuler, scruggs, varney, perry weston.

that is a comphensive list of what i havent owned, wow i thin there are only 2 that are on my list, what are the chances of that??? Between both of us I think we have the trade covered. :)

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
JoeyInCali said:
You can call yours Hugh Jazz.
:D
Collecting is a lot more fun than making.

Huge Jazz??? You've been talking to my ex g/fs have you? :groucho:

Collecting is A LOT more fun than SELLING (... sigh ...)

Jazz <--- with a a lot of firewood handy for a cold winter

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Jazz said:
Huge Jazz??? You've been talking to my ex g/fs have you? :groucho:

Collecting is A LOT more fun than SELLING (... sigh ...)

Jazz <--- with a a lot of firewood handy for a cold winter

Maybe what would help your flipping is typing them all out, kind of a reality check by actually seeing the list.

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Hhmmmm
Dale Perry, Joss, Meucci, Mali, Dufferin and Stratford.

I know an old retired pro that has a ridiculous collection which actually includes an original cue before they were round and had tips.

Retail1LO

Pass the sugar!!!
Silver Member
Ariel Carmeli
Black Boar
Blackcreek x2
Bludworth
Bob Runde
Carolina Custom x2
Dale Perry
Falcon x2
James White x2
Schon LTD x5
Sugartree x3
Tim Scruggs x4

All I have left is one Sugartree. I miss the Scruggs and Blackcreek that I sold to Ken Carfagno the most. I'm going to have to hunt those cues down someday. Simply awesome cues.