What cuemaker is taking full splice with veneer orders

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
I am getting back in to pool after some time off due to family. I would normally call schmelke and give them the specs of what I want, but I don’t think they do veneers. I’m looking for a 60 inch full splice (the long points not the short little bar cue points) hopefully with flame veneers. I really prefer no joint collars and for the butt to be on the slimmer side (think Diveney cues). So in essence I’m looking for a super sneaky Pete. Any recommendations?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am getting back in to pool after some time off due to family. I would normally call schmelke and give them the specs of what I want, but I don’t think they do veneers. I’m looking for a 60 inch full splice (the long points not the short little bar cue points) hopefully with flame veneers. I really prefer no joint collars and for the butt to be on the slimmer side (think Diveney cues). So in essence I’m looking for a super sneaky Pete. Any recommendations?
contact Cody Cash(PK CustomCues) in Wichita. He's on FB. Great builder and super guy to deal with.

JPB2

I think Schmelke does have veneer cues. I have seen them on their website in the past. But I haven’t looked recently and have never ordered one from them.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Schmelke does have veneer cues. I have seen them on their website in the past. But I haven’t looked recently and have never ordered one from them.
Not that i know of. They do sneaky's but i've never seen one with veneers. Prather also makes nice veneer blanks as well as complete cues.

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
Not that i know of. They do sneaky's but i've never seen one with veneers. Prather also makes nice veneer blanks as well as complete cues.
Is it as easy as me buying a Prather veneer blank and sending it to schmelke? I’m unfamiliar if they are equipped to finish a blank with veneers, I don’t know that process. I have never bought a finished prather either.

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
you could help anton and the ukranians if you buy from him
I did see that but I’m not in a position to buy the lot and I’m not in to butterflys

Reactions: bbb

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
I believe Tascarella is still an option for fullsplice with veneers, and they have a pretty reasonable turnaround time.

It will not be anywhere near the price of a Schmelke though, just as a heads up.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are at least a dozen Jerry R. Blanks on eBay with veneers that need to be finished with sharp points.
The price runs about $400 but the work is mostly done for another cue maker to complete. BTW, Jerry made
great pool cues and I think his workmanship is not fully appreciated by the at large pool community in general.

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
There are at least a dozen Jerry R. Blanks on eBay with veneers that need to be finished with sharp points.
The price runs about $400 but the work is mostly done for another cue maker to complete. BTW, Jerry made
great pool cues and I think his workmanship is not fully appreciated by the at large pool community in general.
I appreciate that lead, I did see those but they are all short splice and I’m specifically looking for full splice.

Reactions: bbb

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
I appreciate that lead, I did see those but they are all short splice and I’m specifically looking for full splice.
My best advice is to contact Prather and work with them. Top quality people, business, and cues, and very nice prices to boot. They will make you the full cue, one or two shafts, whatever you agree on.

Hope this helps.

Dave <-- proud owner of a Prather full splice cue ... and another dozen-ish from other cuemakers