What does AZ Billiards stand for ?

SkinHeadRasta

Registered
Hi Boys ad Girls,

Been a reader and poster for a while (a few lost accounts over the years - hence the new one)...

Question..... what does / did the AZ in AZ Billiards originally stand for?

Arizona or the "A-Z of Billiards"

Thanks all.

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
Arizona. It's my understanding that it started as a local state pool newsletter. It grew! :groucho:

ut oh... we have differing expert opinions here. :)

Time for Mr. Wilson or Mike.

Last edited:

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe it started as a local Arizona website, but grew and grew.

Now it is truly the A to Z of Billiards. :smile:

Roger Long

Sonoran Cue Creations
Silver Member
Hi Boys ad Girls,

Been a reader and poster for a while (a few lost accounts over the years - hence the new one)...

Question..... what does / did the AZ in AZ Billiards originally stand for?

Arizona or the "A-Z of Billiards"

Thanks all.

The site was started by Mike Howerton about 10 years ago and was originally meant to be for Arizona pool, only. After a couple of years, however, Mike confided to a friend of his that the site had outgrown itself, and he was contemplating giving it a new name. His friend told him that a new name shouldn't be necessary as the site could just become known as the "A-Z of Billiards." True story.

SkinHeadRasta

Registered
The site was started by Mike Howerton about 10 years ago and was originally meant to be for Arizona pool, only. After a couple of years, however, Mike confided to a friend of his that the site had outgrown itself, and he was contemplating giving it a new name. His friend told him that a new name shouldn't be necessary as the site could just become known as the "A-Z of Billiards." True story.

Many thanks Roger (and everyone else who replied).

Thats some good knowledge, which i'm sure will be repeated by me a few times !

PKM

OB-1 Kenobi
Silver Member
When I was first looking for a pool forum, I passed this one by because I figured it was a local Arizona forum. Of course I later realized it wasn't, if you had to start over it's probably not the ideal name but I guess it doesn't matter too much.

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member

Thanks for the information. I've wondered about the name myself and thanks to this thread I know more about my favorite pool site.

James