What has happened to Billiards Gloves?

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m still using the same pair of gloves (discontinued) bought 25 yrs ago (tried several new brands, still not as comfortable). They are full of holes, but so what? Long as they don’t fall apart (fingers crossed), they still function the same (you need at least 2, so you can change when one gets sweaty).
Back in the day, the poolroom where I grew up had a wash basin & talc dispenser right next to the tables (urinal also). Didn’t need a glove then (or bathroom breaks that slowed the game😁).

Last edited:

MarrsBar

Do they also make Kamui gloves? Those have been impossible to find as well (in a left hand large/xl). I tried both Cuetec and Viking gloves, but I'm not sure what they think "large" means as I'm only 6' with avg size hands, and those are so tight I can't wear them more than a few mins. Predator seems to be one of the few "premium" name brand gloves in stock, and while I don't dislike them by any means, and my last glove lasted a full season with daily practice sessions, I like to try them all out. But yes, was going to ask the same question, as both Molinari and Kamui seem to have run out of spandex or something. I did order a pack of cheapo gloves to use at home to not wear out my better ones as fast, but good to hear I'm not alone in the hunt for the elusive premium glove.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
don't bother with mezz universal side glove. or ambidextrous glove, whatever they call it. the idea is for the mezz logo to provide friction under the palm. doesn't work.

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Longoni sultan 2.0 is where it’s at. I can go though a predator glove in like a month, I 18+ months out of the longoni. Stitching is way better.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You guys just don’t know how to maintain a shaft. My shafts are glass like so damn smooth.
It has nothing to do with maintaining a shaft. I use carbon Fiber and mine is glass smooth. Unfortunately my hands aren’t. Lol For some people they make sense.. in case your mommy didn’t tell you we aren’t all the same.

Zerksies

It has nothing to do with maintaining a shaft. I use carbon Fiber and mine is glass smooth. Unfortunately my hands aren’t. Lol For some people they make sense.. in case your mommy didn’t tell you we aren’t all the same.
Not all of us want to wear gloves

Zerksies

Then don’t lol your the one putting down people that do Knuckle head 😂
This tread has turned into a bunch a sensitive babies. You all need to learn to not get so easily offended. You're pool players toughen up some. It a damn piece of fabric.

ldl01031

FWIW (I started the thread), I've settled on McDermott until/if Molinari gloves become available again. If they do become available, I'll compare their new design with the McDermott.

What the hell? I come back to playing and everyone is wearing gloves.
Same thing for me I’ve only played occasionally over last several years and I finally get a table for my house and start looking around and everyone is wearing gloves. I’m not doing it. No glove for me

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same thing for me I’ve only played occasionally over last several years and I finally get a table for my house and start looking around and everyone is wearing gloves. I’m not doing it. No glove for me
Have you ever tried a glove?

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go
good for you .. what do ya want a cookie?

buckets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
buy a 12 pack of cheap china-made gloves for $8 on alibaba, and throw them away when they get ratty

GentlemanJames

Back in the early 2000s, I tried a Sure-Shot branded glove for the first time. It took a just one day to get used to the feel of it, and then, I was hooked. I absolutely loved the feel. However, 30 days later, the glove developed a 2x eraser-tip sized hole in the heel of the palm (which felt annoying and gigantic in my mind when over a shot), so I took the glove off and tossed it, but suddenly found it really unsatisfactory to play with my old pre-glove method of chalking (with cue chalk) the webbing of the inside crotch of my bridge hand (I learned that trick from Dad, who would not allow baby powder on our home table when we were kids). I realized I wanted 'something'; but, I didn't want to buy a replacement $5 glove every month, so I simply went up to the counter and grabbed one of those cheap, super thin napkins out of the dispenser where you get a hot dog, folded into a 1" wide strip, tore it to length and just let it lay in the 'C' shape which runs inside the thumb, the crotch webbing, and the index finger; and viola', problem solved - and there is always a free, lifetime supply of these cheap paper napkins at the hot dog counter wherever I go. Not very stylish, I agree; but effective, yes, indeed. - GJ