What is Pete Margo doing these days?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A few years ago Pete Margo and Mike Sigel started something called United Billiard Leagues (UBL), using a handicap system that gives players varying numbers of balls in hand in each rack depending on their skill level. LoreeJon Jones Hasson Brown was promoting it. I think that effort actually got off the ground, but I don't know to what extent. Then in 2021 it apparently changed names to United Billiard Amateur League (UBAL) with Margo still present but Sigel not in evidence. Neither website (UBL, UBAL) seems to be reachable now.

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few years ago Pete Margo and Mike Sigel started something called United Billiard Leagues (UBL), using a handicap system that gives players varying numbers of balls in hand in each rack depending on their skill level. LoreeJon Jones Hasson Brown was promoting it. I think that effort actually got off the ground, but I don't know to what extent. Then in 2021 it apparently changed names to United Billiard Amateur League (UBAL) with Margo still present but Sigel not in evidence. Neither website (UBL, UBAL) seems to be reachable now.
Thanks .. found some old BD magazines with Pete and got to wondering about him

Roscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pete is alive and well and living in Manchester, NJ. A playing buddy of mine sees him regularly. Anyone remember when Margo played Sigel played in Staten Island? Margo beat Sigel two games for big bucks