What is the best low deflection shaft on the market...

James2003

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello fellow pool players and cue makers...In your opinion what is the best low deflection shaft on the market... I have been away from the site for awhile but know ob and preditor have come out with some new stuff....

I currently have two Jacoby 11.75 Edge shafts. I like them both. I just ordered a Predator S tuned Z shaft from Seyberts that's 11.85 I did go with a G2 Med tip on it even though I have a G2 soft on my Edge shafts. I wanted to try the Med. If I don't like it I have spare soft tip here I can throw on it.

If your interested in an edge PM me. since I bought the predator I planned on selling one to buy a Purple heart Shaft. for another cue.

ivicafranic

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dave Barenbrugge:smile::p:smile:
Pomelle Bubinga:thumbup:

Attachments

• 20160206_115708.jpg
    20160206_115708.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 647
  • 20160610_102435.jpg
    20160610_102435.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 720
  • 20160610_102449.jpg
    20160610_102449.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 724
  • butt.jpg
    butt.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 701
  • DSC01181.jpg
    DSC01181.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 725

ivicafranic

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A few more:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::p:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Attachments

• DSC01182.jpg
    DSC01182.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 646
  • DSC01183.jpg
    DSC01183.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 713
  • forearm.jpg
    forearm.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 631
  • ringwork on the shafts.jpg
    ringwork on the shafts.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 643

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Best LD in the world

I read something on here about a shaft the Drill Instructor was selling where he was all about the pivot point being fixed at a certain place. I think he wanted like $289 for that.

I play with a 12.80 mm regular maple shaft with a long pro taper the pivot point is at 12 inches which suits my natural bridge length.

I think different people like different bridge lengths and I prefer my mine at around 12 inches from the tip. That and the reduced squirt of the 12.80 pro taper shaft gets me where I want to be. It only costs a few bucks to have your shaft customized a lot cheaper than $289 or for any LD out there..

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think different people like different bridge lengths and I prefer my mine at around 12 inches from the tip.

Your bridge length is determined by your arm length, your stroke length, and your stance.

I attempt to use the same bridge length, stroke, and stance on every shot. That requires that you know what you want to do beforehand and can control the cue ball.

I'd much rather shoot a longer shot using my "normal" configuration, than having to stretch out and become a contortionist because I got out of line or reach.

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First, you should determine the length of your bridge. Second, you should find a shaft with a pivot point which matches your preferred bridge length.

If this does not make sense to you then go to Dr. Dave's pool site and read about, deflection, pivot point, and back hand English.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No such thing exists.
It's a subjective thing, and for all most every player out there, it's really no way to know, as most players have just tried a few different brands, and not always on the same cue or with the same type of tip, so usually it comes down to a few different things:

- what was available, within their budget or with the right kind of joint at the time of purchase.

- what to friends play with/marketing

- Did the player try a shaft and have one of those days where everything feels right, and interperted it as it was the shaft/cue or tip, that made him or her play well that day... (the same is true when they have a bad day, the player will most likely not try that brand of shaft, cue or tip, based on one playing experience)

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
The original 314 with the original ferrule and true pie lams from the same board that were made in USA.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
The original 314 with the original ferrule and true pie lams from the same board that were made in USA.

My feelings were that the best Predator shafts made were the early/later 314-2 shafts that were made by Samsara.

The cool Predator shafts were the original 12 piece spliced shafts. A friend of mine still has his.

pocketsplitter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mezz. Specifically for me, wx900, though I haven't tried them all. Best feel vs deflection. I think predator has the technical lowest deflection, but it has no feel to it