What most interests you/How long have you been playing

What interests you the MOST!!/What do you put the most effort in?!

• Playing rotation games (9 ball, 10 ball, etc)

Votes: 28 47.5%
  • One Pocket

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Straight Pool (14.1)

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Cue Collecting/Trading

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Cue Making

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Teaching

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Buying/Selling Equip. (Cues, Tables etc.)

• Staking, Rail-birding!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Streaming/Production

• Tournament Directing/Promotion

• Watching

• Debating about systems, technical info, and equipment on AZ

• Total voters

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
I'm interested to see how many members are new to the game vs. old and what the main interest in the game is and what you spend the most time and effort on!

I don't think I can make a correlating poll so in your reply, include an approximation of how long you have been playing or involved in the industry!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Too bad it's not a multiple choice poll.
Other than cue making, teaching, and streaming....
...I've enjoyed doing them all.

Snooker ain't a bad game either

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
I wish you would've put snooker on the list. That is by far my favorite game. I love the challenge.
I've been playing pool for about 14 years. I've always taken it serious.

Last edited:

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
Sorry guys, forgot about snooker and 8 ball. Again The amount of time you have been playing belongs in a comment not the poll

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
Been playing the game since the age of 6 (off and on through out the years), now 41.

Growing up it was all about 9-Ball. But now, being wiser, I have come to see Straight Pool as the best game in Billiards.

Push&Pool

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Last pocket 8 ball (regional rule set), been playing for 7 years. Other than that, reading, watching and discussing many different pool-related topics.

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Got back in the game a year and a half ago after taking 40 + years off. Played from age 14 to 20 and was a very accomplished player at that time playing in all of the rooms in the Philly area. Sold my stick, went to college, family, work, etc. It's amazing when I got back in to the game I realized you can still see the table no matter how long you have been away. In that it's like riding a bike. Stroke is a different story. I had to work on that and I now play better than I ever did and I am bit just as hard on the game.

Darkridder

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
5 years.. At friends house and pool rooms.. Will be getting a table of my own soon and will be practicing a very lot.. I love rotation games. Another reason for me is i want to be able to hold my own at bars and maybe compete in tournaments around town.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
One Pocket, of course. If everyone would learn to play One Pocket we wouldn't have all the violence we see today on TV.
Also, I like breasts. Big ones, small ones, the kind that sticks out on either side. I like them all.
Oh yeah. I've been playing, off and on, since I was sixteen. :smile:

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Time/Game

I am only going to include the last 10 yrs as my time playing since I quit for so long.

My interest is One Pocket.

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mostly 8ball and one pocket, dabs of straight pool.
5 years

* wish I had started this crap earlier *

ssbn610g

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Total aggregate played = 11 years 6 months (last two years, very intense)
I really enjoy rotation games

Al

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Playing since 1949 (took a break between 1981 & 1991). 14.1 is the game of choice.

Also Collecting Cues 40+ yrs. At one time, I had accumulated over 175 Original Palmers.

Push&Pool

Professional Banger
Silver Member
That's the house rule here, and my favorite variation.

Glad to know last pocket is played in your area as well :) Best pool game in history! Still, I bet most rules of the game are different. Here in Croatia we have slop, no rail requirement, take what you break, very unique rules when it comes to racking, scratching, ball off the table, and a certain number of others you most likely won't be familiar with. I could be wrong though...

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Been playing for about 13-14 years seriously, can't remember the exact time I started. My main interest is in straight pool. I find it to be the purest game, the game with the least number of restriction and thus the game through which your ability and imagination can be expressed. I play rotation games only when I wan't to socialize with other players, and sometimes for practice purposes (to learn different routes around the table etc).

For the last couple of years I've been a very active poster here on Az on various matters, mostly about techniques and aiming systems etc which I have been very interested in. These topics have both been ran into the ground I find that the discussion is now dominated by people with sh.. to sell. Through silencing, scare tactics and pure carpet bombing many knowledgable posters have been squeezed out or just gave up on the whole discussion. There are now 5 or 6 advertising threads on the main forum...makes you think.

I think posters like me are dinosaurs that have outlived their purpose on the forum. Pool has few or no real secrets, yet I find it rewarding to discuss observations and theories with my fellow students of the game and compare notes so to speak..I don't think there are many like me left on the forum. It's just to big of a forum for that. There are now people with books, videos and stuff to sell, and the people who want to buy it, it kind of makes posting less rewarding to me.

I'm not trying to play the wise old man here (I'm strictly speaking neither), but as a long time poster, certain patterns become painfully obvious after a while. The threads I take an interest in all run the same course: one or two pages of replies from my fellow students of the game, then a salesman comes in and usually a final death blow from another salesman. The threads started by salesmen have a dynamic of their own, which should be obvious to even the most casual of observers. Some have taken it upon themselves to try to snipe at these obvious threads and salesmen with sarcasm etc. but I find this equally pointless as starting threads that will instantly die. I guess the next logical step is to go on facebook or youtube and make videos etc. Not that I'm some great player but people seem to respond more to videos anyway and the debates are more involved and interesting....