What tip is on Original Predator BK Break cue

GodinSession

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Friend on mine has an original Predator BK Break cue. I used it yesterday and just love the feel of the hit. And felt like I had a lot more cueball control than with my current carbon breaker with Phenolic tip. So was wondering if anyone knows what tip came stock on the original Predator BK Break Cue?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are using a phenolic tip, swap to a White Diamond or a Samsara break tip. Can also get a hard leather pressed tip put on, those can get to break tip hardness. Those will be as good as anything on any break cue out there. IMHO if you want to have a cue that jumps better, get the White Diamond, for a stiffer break hit get the Samsara. Anything else is akin to buying Pepsi when you have Coke available or a burger when there is steak.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m not sure, but I’ve had an original BK1 in my case for it must be 20 years now on its original tip. Ha ha. It just never wore down. It’s a 1 piece leather tip.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Friend on mine has an original Predator BK Break cue. I used it yesterday and just love the feel of the hit. And felt like I had a lot more cueball control than with my current carbon breaker with Phenolic tip. So was wondering if anyone knows what tip came stock on the original Predator BK Break Cue?
I believe it was a two part tip.
Brown phenolic glued to a c/f thick plate.

Stumpers51

Does anyone know where you can even price a BK1 anymore?? I've tried Predators website as well as just plain Google so far and they act like the cue never even existed lol!!

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I forgot about this thread. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_080223_072459_resized.jpg
    IMG_080223_072459_resized.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 80

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know where you can even price a BK1 anymore?? I've tried Predators website as well as just plain Google so far and they act like the cue never even existed lol!!
The cue has been discontinued for about 20 years. The only way you can get one now is used. Note, the black finish on that butt would flake off like crazy. At least it did on mine.

The current models are the BK4 if you want a wood shaft, and the BK Rush if you want a CF shaft.

Edit, if you are after the original price, I bought mine in about 2003 for I "think" $325 from joerackem. I don't have the sales email anymore, but that number sticks in my head.

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cue has been discontinued for about 20 years. The only way you can get one now is used. Note, the black finish on that butt would flake off like crazy. At least it did on mine.

The current models are the BK4 if you want a wood shaft, and the BK Rush if you want a CF shaft.

Edit, if you are after the original price, I bought mine in about 2003 for I "think" $325 from joerackem. I don't have the sales email anymore, but that number sticks in my head.
That black finish kept things real interesting repairing them

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I forgot about this thread. Lol
No lie, when I first saw this picture I thought it was a wafer type candy. I'm still not sure what the heck it is, ha ha. I've never seen a tip come as square for the installer to turn round, so unsure if its legit or a joke:)

bob b.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone try the Kamui break tip? Just wonder how it compares to White Diamond or Samsara?