What's going on fellas?

NastyNate13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey everyone,

Finally got verified to post on the forums after being a spectator for a couple months. My name is Nate and I'm from NYC. Just started playing pool nearly 2 years ago, only 21 but wish I started earlier. Big fan of 14.1 and just started playing in the 14.1 league at Amsterdam Billiards in Manhattan.

Just thought I would introduce myself.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoldCrown

Pool players have more balls
Gold Member
Silver Member
Welcome aboard. I was at Amsterdam Billiards for an afternoon with some friends years ago. Was a great day. Keep playing and enjoying. You'll only get better. 14:1 is a great game.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey everyone,

Finally got verified to post on the forums after being a spectator for a couple months. My name is Nate and I'm from NYC. Just started playing pool nearly 2 years ago, only 21 but wish I started earlier. Big fan of 14.1 and just started playing in the 14.1 league at Amsterdam Billiards in Manhattan.

Thanks.

Welcome! Glad to know 21 year olds are getting attracted to straight pool!

Freddie

NastyNate13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome! Glad to know 21 year olds are getting attracted to straight pool!

Freddie

First game I ever played (not just banging balls, but gambling) with my dad was straight pool. I broke and he started things off with a 11 ball run without touching a stick in years. I was hooked immediately :)

GoldCrown

Gold Member
Silver Member
First game I ever played (not just banging balls, but gambling) with my dad was straight pool. I broke and he started things off with a 11 ball run without touching a stick in years. I was hooked immediately :)

I just started playing 14 again. I'm hooked on 1pocket but enjoy 14:1.. particularly to 50points. I will not play points with someone way over my head...I hate to sit and watch.
I'm not a ball runner... I do like closing in on the break shot. Creating the pattern is fun...and making the break shot ..forgettaboutit.

Last edited:

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Welcome to the forum, Nasty. Glad you were able to get verified. Many of us here have been vilified, some nullified, a whole bunch crucified and I can't tell you how many have been rectified.
Since you're new to pool give Dr. Dave's website a look-see. All of the instructors here will be glad to help out, too. Use the search feature when you can, but feel free to throw a question, or comment, out to the membership. Have fun. :smile:

P.S. Learn One Pocket. You'll thank me and Grady later.

NastyNate13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome to the forum, Nasty. Glad you were able to get verified. Many of us here have been vilified, some nullified, a whole bunch crucified and I can't tell you how many have been rectified.
Since you're new to pool give Dr. Dave's website a look-see. All of the instructors here will be glad to help out, too. Use the search feature when you can, but feel free to throw a question, or comment, out to the membership. Have fun. :smile:

P.S. Learn One Pocket. You'll thank me and Grady later.

Already looked into Dr. Dave's awesome videos! Thanks for the recommendation though. Currently going through Blackjack's 14.1 drills so I can practice for league.

Love watching one pocket online but don't have adept cue ball movement to play well, but it's a fun game all the same. One pocket is rare to find in the pool rooms in my area.

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good stuff man! 14.1 is one of my favorites too! We mostly play rotation games down here, hit up the ghost last night best of 30, brutal! Good luck, remember us when you become World Champ! ;)

NastyNate13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good stuff man! 14.1 is one of my favorites too! We mostly play rotation games down here, hit up the ghost last night best of 30, brutal! Good luck, remember us when you become World Champ! ;)

Nice, my home room is on the 2nd floor of a building with a drugstore downstairs. Got 3 9' ft diamond tables, 2 Diamond barbox, and 4 re-clothed 9' Brunswicks. We mostly play 14.1 and 8-ball but we're starting an American Rotation league which I'm excited about. Got about 16 people to play.

GoldCrown

Gold Member
Silver Member
One pocket is rare to find in the pool rooms in my area.

Inside every 14:1 shooter is a 1Pocket Player trying to get out. Look into OnePocket.org when you want to learn and find local players. Perhaps you're not interested at this point but maybe someday. It is a specialty game and a nice change.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Welcome Nate, enjoy the AZB, there is a ton of info here. Its good to hear someone new playing 14.1 even though I dont yet but plan to start practicing it first. I do whatever I can not to play rotation games because it seems everyone loves to ride the money ball.

NastyNate13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome Nate, enjoy the AZB, there is a ton of info here. Its good to hear someone new playing 14.1 even though I dont yet but plan to start practicing it first. I do whatever I can not to play rotation games because it seems everyone loves to ride the money ball.

Everyone tells me that 14.1 is end all be all, it'll help with all facets of the game. And it's the only game I enjoy playing by myself

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
There must be a resurgence of 14:1. I've been playing eight ball and nine ball my whole life and now I've just started playing straight pool myself a couple months ago. Gotta say I wished I would've started playing it years ago! I absolutely love the game. I think it's the best way to improve on every other game in pool. I'm not necessarily that good yet but I still enjoy it!

Welcome to the board by the way!!!

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome.

If you want a great set of DVD's on the game we love, give Jerry Briesath's "A Pool Lesson With" set a shot. Should be included with every first cue or table purchased!

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Inside every 14:1 shooter is a 1Pocket Player trying to get out. Look into OnePocket.org when you want to learn and find local players. Perhaps you're not interested at this point but maybe someday. It is a specialty game and a nice change.

yes....i would have water boarded Mosconi untill he admitted to loving one pocket for all of time evermore.....and that all the 10ft high runs were better than the 526 8ft one lol

NastyNate.....wecome to the board......live long and prosper....and practice perfect and work right and expect results my man....dont laze around daydreaming waiting around on surprises to fall out the sky!

Ya showed up! Keep that up :)

your friendly neighborhood,
Greyghost

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey everyone,

Thanks.

Good choice Nate. Straight Pool will give you a good foundation for learning the other pool games

NastyNate13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good choice Nate. Straight Pool will give you a good foundation for learning the other pool games

Thank you for the response Jay. Huge fan I've watched a bunch of YouTube videos with you commentating/refereeing. Awesome way to absorb knowledge