Whats the call..

eze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing 9ball. The person i was playing was breaking and the 9ball
allmost goes in ,it stop right in the jaws of the pocket.He stands their for
a few seconds thinking its going to fall it doesn,t.I am at the table now.
I put my hand on the table and laying my cue on my bridge hand and the
9ball falls in .He is turning away from the table heading to his chair when this
happens.Whats the call?

whitecue1

Registered
I always thought that if it sits there for more than three seconds and then drops it gets spotted. It really doesn't happen too often to remember the rule exactly. What did you end up doing?

lights_out

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This BCA rule covers it:

3.31 BALLS MOVING SPONTANEOUSLY
If a ball shifts, settles, turns or otherwise moves “by itself,” the ball shall remain in the position it assumed and play continues. A hanging ball that falls into a pocket “by itself” after being motionless for 5 seconds or longer shall be replaced as closely as possible to its position prior to falling, and play shall continue. If an object ball drops into a pocket “by itself” as a player shoots at it, so that the cue ball passes over the spot the ball had been on, unable to hit it, the cue ball and object ball are to be replaced to their positions prior to the stroke, and the player may shoot again. Any other object balls disturbed on the stroke are also to be replaced to their original positions before the shooter replays.

eze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always thought that if it sits there for more than three seconds and then drops it gets spotted. It really doesn't happen too often to remember the rule exactly. What did you end up doing?

We didnt no so i reracked the balls and he broke and ran out on me.
I guess he was suppose to win.