What's the smallest, lightest Aramith cueball?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks in advance!

WoodyJ

Sacred Cow=Best Hamburger
Gold Member
Silver Member

Didn't search enough to find the cue ball only. Don't know the weight.

American pool = 2 1/4" diameter

American snooker = 2 1/8",

International snooker = 2 1/16"

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
English Pool Balls will have a 1/7/8" Cue Ball.

They may make some souvenir/toy sets at 1 1/2". These aren't Aramith, but might do....

CropperCapture[854].png

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is such an odd question out of context, one must ask... why for u want dis very oddly specific ting here? Do you need to thrown a ball at someone when you get angry but don't want to hurt them to much? Have a bet if a pigeon can fly holding a cueballl? Some odd sex game but don't want to go too large too fast?

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably a worn red circle from a Click's. You know the ones where they are so worn appear to be a pink circle😉

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks in advance!
The Aramith set for snooker I think would have the smallest, lightest Aramith cueball. The Aramith set for Russian Pyramids are probable the heaviest, latest “cueball.”

Freddie <~~~ Hope this helps (but I can’t see how)

Greg M

The Aramith set for snooker I think would have the smallest, lightest Aramith cueball. The Aramith set for Russian Pyramids are probable the heaviest, latest “cueball.”

Freddie <~~~ Hope this helps (but I can’t see how)
An English pool cue ball is smaller and lighter than a snooker cue ball.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
An English pool cue ball is smaller and lighter than a snooker cue ball.
To clarify that... Coin operated tables for English eight ball (AKA blackball) separate the cue ball by size but it's smaller rather than larger. I wonder if it is weighted to match the object balls. From Wikipedia:
CropperCapture[856].png

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
To clarify that... Coin operated tables for English eight ball (AKA blackball) separate the cue ball by size but it's smaller rather than larger. I wonder if it is weighted to match the object balls. From Wikipedia:
View attachment 623259
Nope, it's lighter, draws easy but follow takes a bit more effort, power follow and the ball hooks real well :)

erriep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ll believe you. But I didn’t see an Aramith English 8-ball set. Maybe I missed it.
here is the -high end- blackball/english pool aramith tournament balls set ( the favorite ball set ATM in the blackball pool halls here, in France) :
8poolball.png

But IMHO the smallest Aramith ball is the -pink- cue/'goal' ball of an Aramith Petanque ball set , in the small version the players balls are 38mm/ 1"1/2 , the -pink- cue ball, used as a 'goal' , is around 1" i believe ( 2 sizes of balls set can be ordered 38mm or 48mm , diameter of the yellow/white/blue/red balls) :

billes-de-petanque-aramith-pour-4-joueurs.jpg

in some french carom clubs , you'll find sometimes an old Petanque set stored in a closet ;-).

the pink Petanque cue balls/'goal' balls are for sure the smallest Aramith balls avaible. in my favorite club the game is played with the smallest size, 38mm for the blue/yellow/white/red , we play the game on a 10' carom table .

Loosers pay drinks & table times, that's the usual rule (gambling being a no-go here , for legal reasons )
No need of a fancy cue, you could win using a broomstick if you're good enough :) . that's an odd & funny game ...

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
here is the -high end- blackball/english pool aramith tournament balls set ( the favorite ball set ATM in the blackball pool halls here, in France) :
8poolball.png

But IMHO the smallest Aramith ball is the -pink- cue/'goal' ball of an Aramith Petanque ball set , in the small version the players balls are 38mm/ 1"1/2 , the -pink- cue ball, used as a 'goal' , is around 1" i believe ( 2 sizes of balls set can be ordered 38mm or 48mm , diameter of the yellow/white/blue/red balls) :

billes-de-petanque-aramith-pour-4-joueurs.jpg

in some french carom clubs , you'll find sometimes an old Petanque set stored in a closet ;-).

the pink Petanque cue balls/'goal' balls are for sure the smallest Aramith balls avaible. in my favorite club the game is played with the smallest size, 38mm for the blue/yellow/white/red , we play the game on a 10' carom table .

Loosers pay drinks & table times, that's the usual rule (gambling being a no-go here , for legal reasons )
No need of a fancy cue, you could win using a broomstick if you're good enough :) . that's an odd & funny game ...
Great info on the Aramith Blackball set!

But the OP was looking for the lightest/smallest cueball, so pink can’t win. How small/light are the whites from that set ? 38mm just like the other colors? What does that make the pink?

erriep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great info on the Aramith Blackball set!

But the OP was looking for the lightest/smallest cueball, so pink can’t win. How small/light are the whites from that set ? 38mm just like the other colors? What does that make the pink?

the whites are indeed 38mm aka 1"1/2 . The pink being 1" . There were some variations of this balls set, with different colors , but i don't remember to have seen a white 'goal'/cue ball. i'm gonna ask to the 'old bones' ...

fiftyyardline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably a worn red circle from a Click's. You know the ones where they are so worn appear to be a pink circle😉
Yes - this is a common sight with worn cue balls, especially red circles, in pool halls. When new, different types of Aramith cue balls are generally very uniform at about 5.9 oz. As cueballs get worn down they get lighter, and Aramith red circle cue balls seem to wear and get lighter and smaller faster than some other types.

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So many differences.

A guy brought a measle ball into our clubhouse. He claimed it was a Aramith. this ball spun like no ball I had ever seen. I used to play at Hard Times in Bellflower and had watched hundreds of games plus what I had watched online and had never seen such odd, consistent spinning. Just bad strokes? I ordered a Aramith Measle ball and when it came there was not near as much spinning, a little but nothing abnormal. Why should the two balls from the same manufacturer differ so much. I never saw him open his package but he swears it was the same.