What's the weirdest bet you've made/seen in a pool hall?

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bet a loud obnoxious kid that he couldnt shut up for 30 min.
Funny to watch him squirm. He did win but got so much crap about
the bet,he stopped coming around.

driven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
alright already.
it was a long time ago...
but I remember like it was yesterday.
It was at a bar, live music, lots of people, two pool tables in the back.
they were playing partners.
my coin was next in the rotation and I asked a very sexy lady if she would like to play, She did.
We won a few games.
before the start of our last game she said, "would you like to have sex with me"
I said, "well, yeah"
"if we win this next game we can go to my apartment"
I played very well, and we gave up the table.
steven

Kaydon

Registered
One side of an older quarter is shiny and one side is dull. I will leave it to you to figure out which side is which.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jhanso, prob not same guy but I have a good buddy named big pun that fits that description. Not too much going on one night down the pool hall so bunch of us ended up outside in the parking lot and bunch of people bet us he couldn't pick up my car and move it.

rezin8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bet a loud obnoxious kid that he couldnt shut up for 30 min.
Funny to watch him squirm. He did win but got so much crap about
the bet,he stopped coming around.

I tried to bet Deathball $1000 at the Derby that he couldn't shut up for 90 minutes. He wouldn't take the bet. Hell, I know I couldn't do it either.

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
Jhanso, prob not same guy but I have a good buddy named big pun that fits that description. Not too much going on one night down the pool hall so bunch of us ended up outside in the parking lot and bunch of people bet us he couldn't pick up my car and move it.

I think that guy is from down by des moines somewhere. I only met him once, but he is a BIG boy. I was told his hustle is a foot race, and don't take the bet. I guess he moves pretty fast in the first place, but he starts with like a pretty big lenth spot, and gets you chasing your money, when he can pry beat you flat out.

All the best,

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to go in to the local room around 9am after dropping my girl off the college. I was just starting to learn the game and get into it, so I always played with this older gentleman. He was in his late 70's maybe, decent player still, really friendly, ex-pool room owner and he liked to chat. At this point I had never played for money. A 5 dollar game would've had me rattled. One day Johnny, the older gentleman, says to me "Ian, let's play a set for 100. 9-ball, race to 5." matter of fact. I asked if he was crazy and he said I could pay him back in 40 years.

If he lives to be that old, I'm screwed...

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A guy that would usually give me the last two or three playing nine ball and killing me offered me this spot.

I would give him the last two, and the breaks, but he had to bridge only with his foot. He had been drinking, but wasnt drunk.

Now who in the hell can play like that ?

Okay, you got me, I think I was betting him $20 a game, and actually before we started I felt a little guilty because I felt like he was trying to GIVE me back the money I had lost.

After he beat me for about twice what I lost prior, I didnt feel guilty any longer.

Beyond him playing much better than normal, and me giving HIM the spot, and ME laughing my ass off, it was terrible.

For those who wanna know, the guys name is Danny Sappington, never bite on this gaffed up game. This wasnt his first rodeo and he had played this way several times before....:mad:

Ken

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A guy that would usually give me the last two or three playing nine ball and killing me offered me this spot.

I would give him the last two, and the breaks, but he had to bridge only with his foot. He had been drinking, but wasnt drunk.

Now who in the hell can play like that ?

Okay, you got me, I think I was betting him $20 a game, and actually before we started I felt a little guilty because I felt like he was trying to GIVE me back the money I had lost.

After he beat me for about twice what I lost prior, I didnt feel guilty any longer.

Beyond him playing much better than normal, and me giving HIM the spot, and ME laughing my ass off, it was terrible.

For those who wanna know, the guys name is Danny Sappington, never bite on this gaffed up game. This wasnt his first rodeo and he had played this way several times before....:mad:

Ken

Did he have to wear shoes, or could he use his toes? Might make a difference. I'd make him play in my work boots out of the trunk of my car.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did he have to wear shoes, or could he use his toes? Might make a difference. I'd make him play in my work boots out of the trunk of my car.

It wasnt specified, me being the dummy.

He played in socks, and his socks looked like something that should have been thrown away about 10 years ago. Multiple holes and dirty as hell.

I think the key was I thought I had the absolute mortal nutz to the point of me feeling guilty.....thats the trick isnt it?

Ken

Last edited:

rezin8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At the Derby, I did see one of the weirdest games I've seen in a long time. It was Scooter's second go at Carl. Here's how it was setup:

Scooter was giving up the 6, 8, last 4, and the break. Carl and George Breedlove had to shoot scotch doubles, George had to shoot one handed, jacked up. He could break with both hands though. They started at 3 dimes a rack and Scooter got up 3 games quick. Carl paid off the $9k and they went back to even, but cranked the bet to $5k a rack.

I've played with some pretty weird weight before, but how do you come up with the 6, 8, last 4, breaks, and George has to shoot one handed, jacked up? Hell, George shoots better like that than I do with both hands.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At the Derby, I did see one of the weirdest games I've seen in a long time. It was Scooter's second go at Carl. Here's how it was setup:

Scooter was giving up the 6, 8, last 4, and the break. Carl and George Breedlove had to shoot scotch doubles, George had to shoot one handed, jacked up. He could break with both hands though. They started at 3 dimes a rack and Scooter got up 3 games quick. Carl paid off the $9k and they went back to even, but cranked the bet to $5k a rack.

I've played with some pretty weird weight before, but how do you come up with the 6, 8, last 4, breaks, and George has to shoot one handed, jacked up? Hell, George shoots better like that than I do with both hands.

The biggest spot I have ever got is the last four and he didn't like it. ;) I think I have to try about anyone like that, but only on a full size table and we would only be able to play at night.

No bet during daytime hours.

Ken:wink:

LuckedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I made a bet for a nice backpack with a half gallon of vodka in it, just couldn't be paid in the hall.

Cuaba

Livin Large
Silver Member
I went to college with a guy who could piss about 20 feet.

He used to bet guys he could go outside and piss on the roof.

It wasn't so much a bet, as it was more that people were willing to pay $100+ just to see it..............