Whats with the website

dereklovejoy

How Can i get better?
Silver Member
What is up with the us open website? Is there anywhere else to get more info on this years event?

rwomel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not much info needed. The dates are posted. The event will start on a Saturday and end on a Saturday--(use to be on Sunday to Sunday).

Tickets will be online for purchase in a few days or within a week or so.

ONE NOTE -- I called the Holiday Inn Chesapeake, Va that usually is the host hotel for the event, and found out they will be CLOSED for RENOVATIONS !!
So hotel space will be at a premium this year, for a place within walking distance that is.

My 2 cents worth
RWOMEl in South Texas

dereklovejoy

How Can i get better?
Silver Member
ive never been. but id like to go down this year. do they sell weekly passes that cover everything? or do you have to buy tickets for different things?

rwomel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not that complicated really. I buy front row seats on the TV table. so my entrance in the "event area" is included.

But they sell day passes, or a 2 day, 3 day, etc
This gets you in the door, and into general seating which is bleacher style.

95% of the seating is general seating, with the front seats in every row being reserved for VIP status. I don't know the fees, but they are VERY resonable.
I am guessing $ 10 bucks for the day. They have afternoon passes and evening passes, or entire day passes.

The matches are basically every 2 hours--IE: 1PM, 3PM, 5PM, 7PM, 9PM with approx 14 to 16 tables going per session.

Hope you get a chance to go.
I enjoy the US Open, and 2nd favorite behind the Derby City Classic.
Very professionally run event, BOTH OF THEM !!

Good Luck
RWOMEL in South Texas