What's your Pool Nickname?

flash5153

none
Silver Member
We gave a friend the name "Earl",,, but not for the reason you think!!

One night,long ago,while at a party. He got really drunk while playing pool.

He shot at a ball close to the rail,,and missed it badly.

He looked up at us ,,all drunk!! And said!! "Oh,man! I hit the Earl raily!" LMAO

We all busted laughing,,,, and have called him Earl ever since!!! Earl Raily that is!!

Macksco

Registered
mine is "Potter" - well it was before i moved to the US and kind of got away from it...

not at all linked to my potting ability!

it is in refernce to Harry Potter - in the way that i can take a winning chance and make it dissapear :( - usually hiding myself behind my opponents only remaining ball on the table (8-ball).

Not the best of things to get a nick name from but it stuck.

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
What name sticks

Unfortunately if you are over 6'3" or so everyone just sticks "Big" in front of your name. Pretty sure all the tall guys here know what I am talking about. I guess there are worse names.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Drawman is another casualty to the seduction of backspin.

Jimmy Varnish once commented that I've got a donut stroke...after the set there is nothing left in my pockets but coffee and donut money.

Never got one... cant wait to get one.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
When I start playing tournaments I figured I might become known as "THE BYE".
You know, cuz drawing me is like an automatic win!! :grin:

Last edited:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
When I start playing tournaments I figured I might become known as "THE BYE".
You know, cuz drawing me is like an automatic win!! :grin:

Perfect, we'll then call AW :thumbup:

ATM is gettin' old....:p

Dogman

Registered
Picked up the moniker Dogman in college 30+ years ago.
Pretty simple I guess, I'd run the table at 8 or 9 ball until I got to the 8 or 9 ball.........
Straight in shot on the money ball, and I would dog it, oh well.
Still dogging it lol

Dogman

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
We come from a time far less colorful time than those years ago with the really cool nick names, "Fats," "The Deacon," "Whinpy," and so forth. Some of the more modern ones, "The Scorpion," "Shannon the Cannon," "The Silent Assassin," are some of the ones I think are the cooler nick names. It's like all the good ones are taken.
Celophanewrap came from a drunken night back in a college dorm room and it has to many syllables to be a good pool nick name. One time a few years ago a guy I had just played in a league match told me I needed a nick name, so over a beer I told him " Yea? I'm was working on a nick name, tell me what you think of this: 'Mike'" a line from the movie "Down Pariscope"
Since then I'm 'Mike' to a few people

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
Juicy here in the states
back in PR they dubbed me Abusadora. Abuser in English

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Shakeysmooth...elbow shakes, a lot at times, but my last stroke is smoooooth.

In the senior center pool room now: Side Pocket Jimmy, The Great One (aka TGO), Titanium Bob, The Rooster and Kenny The Gooch. And Corner Ken just walked in with Dirty Bob.

YOu talkin' a'bout Dirty Bob, Jr.? If so, tell him Lucky Joe said hi.

JoeyA

jhendri2

Rack'em Sausage
Silver Member
Mine is "Sausage"...I've had it for 20+ years...when I first started playing pool all I did was rack and all the guys would quote The Hustler..."Sausage, rack'em up" it just stuck from then on

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've got "The Real Richard" because somebody came to my campus and tried to hustle me using my name, that story went up on the FB group page and ever since then people have been calling me the Real Richard haha.

If you're a Wisconsin player then you've undoubtedly heard the story =P

al-capool

Imagine all the people...
Silver Member
Actually is my username is also my Pool Nickname

Mine is: Al Capool

- I've got it in the late 80's, from a guy who I was hustling again and again and ...
He just said that I really was the Al Capone of Pool. I just replied then my name would rather be Al Capool!
He laught and we both thought that this would be a cool nickname! So I kept it...
- Btw I really am by half an Italian (my mother comes from Rome, Italy)
- At that time period I also used to wear a big thick 18k gold ring on my little finger and a neckchain too.
- And last but not least, like Capone I have a number account in Switzerland!
(Well actually that's logical, because I live in Switzerland!)

So I think that Al Capool matches quite well to my person, Roberto

Last edited:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I wonder how the old Benny Conway got his name.....''the Goose''. It fit em well, and we all know the name Toupee Jay of course for obvious reasons. But how did Earl become the Pearl? I remember a guy from the Jansco days called the Springfield Rifle, and of course there are Many others. King Kong/Bernardo Chavez is another, but he was not a TOP notch player on the bar box, a little under the Goose and the goose was under Ether/Matlock in their prime.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got couple pool nick names but they are originally Finnish.
Valli-Väyrynen = valli means bank or cushion and Väyrynen is my late name. Fellow competitors gave me that.
Another one is Erikoislyöntien Erikoismies. It means Man with special shots or Special man for special shots. Also gave by fellow competitors probably because I shot a lot of trick shots and used their principles to win games also.