When do you pull up on a nut bet.

lstevedus

One of the 47%
Silver Member
Thank You Manwon

Sounds a little chicken Shit to me!!:)

JIMO

Tap Tap Tap or whatever it is that you guys do when you strongly agree with someone.

I think you hit the nail on the head, Big Time! I will be playing pool full time again soon after working full time and trying to play pool after work for the last 45 yrs. I expect it will cost me a few $$$ till my game gets to where I think it should be. Then the whining will start, and I'll just play more tournaments. We all know this is how it works that have been around pool for a while. Why is it that so few people tell it like it is? Have a great day Manwon! SteveD

lstevedus

One of the 47%
Silver Member
Thank You Master9Baller

I was with you until you said you were only up a couple hundred dollars. I would reccomend not worrying about it until he hits 5K or more.

I am so tired of these guys who say "I am the best..(you finish the sentence).

Then I say "Let's play 10 ahead for 1k."

Then they say " You are trying to high roll me."

I am soooo tired of some nit with $20. in his pocket trying to win the $200. in mine.

I'm sure you can relate.

SteveD

cesarmorales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played my friend again tonight, I only had thirty minutes to play and figured with the book I have been reading and the scott frost video I have been watching, I would have a chance. Well, he beat me two more games 8-5, 8-4.

I am not surprised by some people calling me chicken shit or a nit. In the early days of my pool hall ventures with my father we would go into pool halls and he would tell me to hit some balls around and see what vultures would come out to prey on me. He told me that if they wanted to play for money, just tell them that I don't play for money but my uncle does. That would have been Jose Luis who was a shortstop player or Rafael Martinez who may have been with us. I told my father, hey how can I tell them that Jose or Rafael are my uncles when they are so much shorter than me and don't look similar. My father told me, hey we are dealing with pool players and they are pretty stupid.

I got some pretty decent answer to my question on this board. Some really ignorant answers.

Again, I have lost the last three time I have played with my friend, I thought I had a chance with the book and video I have. I still lost and will play him again.

So, maybe I should reword my question.

When do you quit playing a person who is playing alot more than you do, who used to be a fair game, who is now playing way better than you do.

Is he a friend or somebody you take money from ??????
Exactly, is he a friend or a customer?

If he were your friend when you were fleecing him you would have offered him a spot to give him a chance. If you beat him for over a few thousand I'd say he isn't a friend.

So if he is a customer, then you just don't play 1 hole with him and stick to keeping things to your advantage or don't play.