Where are the eyes when the CTE "visual" is "obtained"?

Where are the eyes when the CTE "visual" is "obtained"?

• ON BOTH the CTE Line AND the Aimpoint Line

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • ON the CTE Line but NOT ON the Aimpoint Line

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ON the Aimpoint Line but NOT ON the CTE Line

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • NOT ON either Line

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Varies from shot to shot

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other (please describe)

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lamas, if you are trying to see ob A and cte...DO NOT GET DIRECTLY BEHIND THE CTE LINE AS IF YOU ARE LOOKING PRECISELY AT a 30 degre shot...if you do this you will not be able to accurately see ob A.
See cbe to ob A very clearly then you should be able to see the proper offset for the cte line. Try this with a 2 diamond cb ob separation.
Stan

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lamas, if you are trying to see ob A and cte...DO NOT GET DIRECTLY BEHIND THE CTE LINE AS IF YOU ARE LOOKING PRECISELY AT a 30 degre shot...if you do this you will not be able to accurately see ob A.
See cbe to ob A very clearly then you should be able to see the proper offset for the cte line. Try this with a 2 diamond cb ob separation.
Stan

Hal said that the CTE line is a good starting line of aim for it is between the thin and thick aim line - a good PSR. I agree that that is a good place to establish one's stance. From there, one can make adjustments.

Many subscribe to this PSR before they get down on the shot at hand. My take away from this thread is that before getting down on the shot at hand, one shifts his eye/s, head, and stance to the side so the relevant side of the CB is now on an aim line on the fraction, say, "A" by leaving the CTE line.

I cannot see both at the same time with one eye.

Thanks.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lamas, it's very simple to do with 1 eye. Would be glad to assist you with this if we are ever in the area....
Stan

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lamas, it's very simple to do with 1 eye. Would be glad to assist you with this if we are ever in the area....
Stan

Thanks, but I don't see me going to Kentucky.

I will continue to use my left and right eye, starting with the CTE line in my vision center, to move my stance to the secondary aim line for now.

I haven't commited to memory, the resultant cut angles for the fractions, aka 1/8, A, B and C, as well as the pivot left or pivot right...I'm too lazy and revert back to double distance and 90/90 aiming.:smile::thumbup:

champ2107

Banned
Thanks, but I don't see me going to Kentucky.

I will continue to use my left and right eye, starting with the CTE line in my vision center, to move my stance to the secondary aim line for now.

I haven't commited to memory, the resultant cut angles for the fractions, aka 1/8, A, B and C, as well as the pivot left or pivot right...I'm too lazy and revert back to double distance and 90/90 aiming.:smile::thumbup:

like i said and have been saying for a long time lol :thumbup: but what do i know!?! :thumbup:

Frustration_Relief.gif

Last edited:

Brandon B.

Registered
Curious with everyone bashing each other about aiming systems and what not, is it possible maybe to have a certain layout say 9 ball rack with the balls spread and each member of their respective aiming systems run the rack out?
It would be nice to see how you guys play :thumbup:

champ2107

Banned
Curious with everyone bashing each other about aiming systems and what not, is it possible maybe to have a certain layout say 9 ball rack with the balls spread and each member of their respective aiming systems run the rack out?
It would be nice to see how you guys play :thumbup:

wont happen, not to many people are fearless like JB and they are worried about being exposed to message board abuse lol if you don't make 100% of your shots on here "you suck" lol

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
PJ - has basic knowledge of cte
dr dave - knowledgeable but does not use cte system
lamas - no dvd and no cte system but uses the ctel for something and likes to draw pictures :)
mohet - uses 1/2 ball pivot system along with spiderwebcom,peteypoolguy
JB - uses a cte system he developed
atlarge - pretty knowledgeable in cte systems but i dont think he uses cte?
Neil and possibly JoeyA - experienced cte/pro1 but also mixes in other systems
cookieman - cte/pro1 knowledgeable but does not talk enough about it and not sure how much he knows or how experienced?
scottjen - cte/pro1 experienced users not sure if he uses it 99% of the time.
champ2107 - cte/pro1 experienced uses 99.9% of the time.

as for the rest of the people that pop in and out, i dunno.

Thanks for your input champ.

Brandon B.

Registered
wont happen, not to many people are fearless like JB and they are worried about being exposed to message board abuse lol if you don't make 100% of your shots on here "you suck" lol
Dang alright. Lol only reason why i ask was i saw a thread of you putting up a video then i thought "i am going to put a video up so i can get some I input too" which I'm glad i did because of the great feedback especially from Fran. So...only ones I've seen are yours, Norwood, Jb, and i think Dave Segal? Aka unvymygame aka spiderwebcomm or something? I'm not too sure

champ2107

Banned
Dang alright. Lol only reason why i ask was i saw a thread of you putting up a video then i thought "i am going to put a video up so i can get some I input too" which I'm glad i did because of the great feedback especially from Fran. So...only ones I've seen are yours, Norwood, Jb, and i think Dave Segal? Aka unvymygame aka spiderwebcomm or something? I'm not too sure

Yes Fran, seems to be a very helpful and down to earth instructor in that thread :thumbup:, dave segal is spiderwebcomm, here he is running 49 balls with the 1/2 ball pivot system, he has that mastered almost as good as busti lol

http://vimeo.com/31802564

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues

You can set up your camera and let it run. Then only post the best run of the session. That's how I did my five rack run of nine ball against the ghost video. It took over an hour of shooting to capture it. I'm sure you don't suck that bad. Give it a shot.

JC

Coos Cues
ahh that was you? with the JB bet, on that speeded up video?

Yup. It's actually fun trying to film like that because it makes it count for something. Helps you simulate competition plus review your mistakes later.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
After 5 days and 16 votes, the interesting, but not unexpected, result is that there's no consensus among CTE users about what "the visual" is. The most interesting thing to me is that twice as many votes have been cast for both lines as for any other choice, even though it's physically impossible to have your vision centered on both lines simultaneously for most shots.

CTE seems to be a "system" that's interpreted and used in a wide variety of ways.

pj
chgo