Which CNC

str8eight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, I was just getting ready to restore the computer that I will be using and realized it doesn't have a parallel port. Will a Gecko540 and mach3 run ok with a add-on parallel port card, or should I look at USB controllers? I have tried to google it and came up with many differing opinions on other forums and now am very confused as to what I should do.

Dave

Yes it will work perfectly with a 3rd party parallel card. Just make sure you will be using a 32 bit version of windows xp or 7.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Yes it will work perfectly with a 3rd party parallel card. Just make sure you will be using a 32 bit version of windows xp or 7.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Can running it in 32 bit compatibility mode work the same?

xz george

I went on his facebook page and read the posts from people, and he didn't even recognize his own equipment, let alone there was quite a bit of equipment failures, some due to plastic bushings used as spacers to compensate for sloppy assemblies, for lack of a better description.
Not knocking, just explaining what I saw for posts.
Hence my post asking as to what machine fits our needs .Woodcraft has a machine, at 24:x48" working size, but doesn't have enough clearance to have a headstock/tailstock setup
could you show me where plastic bushings are used? or spacers ? didn't even recognize his own equipment, all total BS

xz george

inspired me never heard of or seen those machines.
never finished just gets better dont think much of their design and almost 3x higher price and would never be comparable to a XZ OR MOTIONRaptor