Which cuemaker ?

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My man master cue maker ned morris! Ned will build cue play like you want it. Talking shaft tapper,balance and everything else for great execution of play! No 1 standard set formula like many cue makers take it or leave it! A top 5 cue maker in the world in my opinion.

BigNBeefY

Just Stopping By
Silver Member
definitey Jeff Olney tops my list and I would put Steve Lomax up there as well and from what I hear Ben Greene makes a great cue as well.

jhunterr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe PHILLIPPI makes one of the best cues for the money. Rick is a great guy. The cues look and play great and they can build anything that you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Webb absolutely makes a beautiful looking and playing cue for the $$$

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schmelke

Find me another reputable cuemaker that can compete with Schmelkes cues and prices.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I haven't had that many cues. That's because when I got my Josey I quit looking. Compared to other custom makers, I think his prices are reasonable.

http://www.joseycues.com/

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Schmelke

Find me another reputable cuemaker that can compete with Schmelkes cues and prices.

You really can't.... for the money... it can't be beat. I used one in recent IL state ACS tourney as I didn't want my Willie Hoppe pro model walking off.... the schmelke had original tip, and the wood of the butt is severaly cracked because I dropped it weeks before on a tile floor, and I had to use "gorilla" glue to save it, (and yes, you can see the glue lines) and it still makes balls.. finished in the money in both 8b and 9b. never missed a shot (because of the cue). Not bad for a $90 rosewood plain jane :)

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You really can't.... for the money... it can't be beat. I used one in recent IL state ACS tourney as I didn't want my Willie Hoppe pro model walking off.... the schmelke had original tip, and the wood of the butt is severaly cracked because I dropped it weeks before on a tile floor, and I had to use "gorilla" glue to save it, (and yes, you can see the glue lines) and it still makes balls.. finished in the money in both 8b and 9b. never missed a shot (because of the cue). Not bad for a $90 rosewood plain jane :)

I paid $119 shipped for a Purple Heart into straight grain Maple 4 point full splice sneaky with black phenolic collars, a LBM ferrule, and a 15" pro taper. Other than the finish starting to wear near the bumper, it was indestructible.

Scratch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kenny Murrell price seem to be rising
Steve Klein 3-4 year wait
Rick Howard best playing cue at any price IMO

DrGonzo

As your attorney...
Silver Member
I'd say Barry Szamboti...after you get a cue from him, you have a Szamboti...:thumbup:

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would have to say Mr. Ron Haley or Mr. Dennis Searing.

You can almost double your money if you sell a cue that you buy direct.

As far as most cue for the dollar - it is very hard to beat Jeff Olney. His cues play as good as any on this planet.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I paid $119 shipped for a Purple Heart into straight grain Maple 4 point full splice sneaky with black phenolic collars, a LBM ferrule, and a 15" pro taper. Other than the finish starting to wear near the bumper, it was indestructible.

Yep... it's a great buy.... and basically, spending any more than that is just for looks, or being collectible, or for bragging rights...

Funny, how much folks will spend on a cue, but guys making millions playing baseball still spend no more than $150 for a baseball bat, and they are asking that bat to do a LOT. Hell, the bat is put through a lot more stress than a cue will ever be..... all they demand is it be a certain lenghth and weight that they prefer. And only about 5 or 6 woods they even choose from.... but pool players are a fickle bunch ;)