Which CURRENT pro would you recommend a beginner to emulate?

8ballEinstein

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I say a beginner should not be trying to emulate any pro. They should be working on fundamentals with a competent teacher. After they cross over to the intermediate level, I think they should start studying the mechanics of guys like Albin Ouchan.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Work ethic, toasty. Mental game Varner/Effie. Swing mechanics Mizerak (rip) or Gilbert Martinez. Endurance, toasty again and Mika. Swing rhythm Earl.

Poolboss1030

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would say chris melling is a good choice. Amazing player and all his fundamentals are to the T. If you can imitate his game/stroke, you'll be solid.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm far from a great player and I hesitate to give advice but I believe a beginner should spend a lot of time at the table hitting balls before he or she figures out whose style they want to emulate. It doesn't matter who you emulate if you aren't going to put in the time

If I was going to recommend someone for lessons although I've never met him I would seek out Ray Martin. World champion and author of perhaps the best book on pool - 99 critical shots.

Last edited: