Which side is up

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was always told that the fabric strip on rubber goes on the bottom. Last week I helped take apart a 1926 Brunswick 3C table and the fabric was on top. This was original rubber. Replacing with Kleber.

taunt

Registered
The straight edge of the rail profile is on the bottom and the radius side of the profile goes on top.

EDIT:
In post #4 of this thread, RKC says that 3C tables mount cushions Flat side up, canvas side down . My bad..... I'll add this info to my memory.

Last edited:

Al Coholic

Wrap it like it's yours.
Silver Member
I was always told that the fabric strip on rubber goes on the bottom. Last week I helped take apart a 1926 Brunswick 3C table and the fabric was on top. This was original rubber. Replacing with Kleber.

My Bad................

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
On 3C tables, the cushion mounts upside down compared to pool cushions. Flat side up, canvas side down...it's NOT the same as pocket pool tables guys.

Glen

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On 3C tables, the cushion mounts upside down compared to pool cushions. Flat side up, canvas side down...it's NOT the same as pocket pool tables guys.

Glen
Then I guess something has changed in design or been discovered in the last 80 years when the original rubber was installed?

Dartman

Silver Member
Then I guess something has changed in design or been discovered in the last 80 years when the original rubber was installed?

A lot has changed in 80 years and Bwick has not always used modern day standard cushions or profiles.

Last edited: