Who remembers this?

shooter_Hans

I have owned about 3 of these little velvet sleeves. Or at least locally when you bought a cue they would put it in these sleeves even if it wasn’t a Lucasi. Never owned a Lucasi but I know them for these slick sleeves. Not just me either. There was a time when people were using them to carry. Do they still make these? LOL

Tell me you guys had them too.

1714969622300.jpeg

1714969674170.jpeg

KUKABUKA

Off the top of my head I have OB, predator, and peri versions of this. I thought it to be quite normal to receive.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't have any like that but I have a stack of like 5 or so of the modern Revo ones from Predator. No real use for them but I hold onto them for some reason. Didn't realize they were likely based on this design, first time I'd ever received a cue/shaft in something like that was my first Revo.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't have any like that but I have a stack of like 5 or so of the modern Revo ones from Predator. No real use for them but I hold onto them for some reason. Didn't realize they were likely based on this design, first time I'd ever received a cue/shaft in something like that was my first Revo.
When I need a new tip I transport the shaft in the Lucasi sleeve to the Billiard store.
No need to drag a 4x2 case that's heavy.

wizard77

I have 1 Lucasi and several Cuetecs. They are nice to have when you just don't need your "battle case".

SSP

I have owned about 3 of these little velvet sleeves. Or at least locally when you bought a cue they would put it in these sleeves even if it wasn’t a Lucasi. Never owned a Lucasi but I know them for these slick sleeves. Not just me either. There was a time when people were using them to carry. Do they still make these? LOL

Tell me you guys had them too.

View attachment 757009
View attachment 757010
Got one with my Becue cue, it's not velvet though, I use it as a "quick case" for my home table

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Richard Black gave me one of those when I bought a cue from him at SBE in 2002 - stays with the cue for me too.

Rosewood

I have one of those Lucasi ones, also a Scruggs. I like the idea of using it to bring a shaft in for a tip.