Why are we not seeing more pictures of new cues in the Gallery Section

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Using the phones as a camera creates file sizes that are just to big to handle.
1mb + is way too much resolution - picture size, like that one on the first page, blows it way out of the easy screen viewing.

Do you get more album storage space here with a gold membership?

GoldCrown

Pool players have more balls
Gold Member
Silver Member
1mb + is way too much resolution - picture size, like that one on the first page, blows it way out of the easy screen viewing.

Club Membership - 01-21-2008, 11:09 PM
For those who want to help support the site but aren't really in a shopping mood, we now offer a paid membership which offers a few benefits.

Extra PM space
larger avatars allowed
extra vbucks
random drawings

Click on "links" up at the top of the screen and then choose "support AzB" for details.

This paid membership is not in any way required. It is just a way for those who are interested to help support the site.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I frequent an ice fishing site. When you put up a post, you can press a button and download a pic straight from your phone to the site. No third party necessary. It's possible here too. AZ just has to set it up.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member

When you upload pics to your azbilliards profile, they automatically size them correctly for the forum
Copy and paste an image code

No gold membership needed to do this

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I frequent an ice fishing site. When you put up a post, you can press a button and download a pic straight from your phone to the site. No third party necessary. It's possible here too. AZ just has to set it up.

You don't need a third party to up load a picture to AZ, just hit the paper click and then it take u to another page
then press chose file and then ur in ur phone.
Then u can choose from camera pictures or ur gallery file.

It's easy if an old guy like me can figure it out anyone can, cause I'm not computer literal, hell when I went to school
All we had was type writers no computers.
I forgot 2 add that you need 2 do this from ur smart phone or at least that's how I do it.

Last edited:

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
There maybe some truth to this.. however.. there are some very distinct advantages, for both here and Facebook.

People who post opinions, 99% of the time, they have to fade their real name. This I find the most useful.

"Groups" in facebook allow fragmentation and separation based on what you are looking for. Their are "fan" groups for specific cue makers, types of for sale items, etc... If you want a case, you can go to a case group, if you only want to see high end cues there are multiple groups, if you're a Predator user, there is a group for Predators only. This gives you more options to see only what you want. There is a McDermott Cue Group, a Balabushka Cue Group, a Bill McDaniel Cue Group, one for Szambotis, probably a Meucci group, etc.... Who got to create these groups... the USERS.

10 years ago or more, we asked the WFS be more segmented here, for this reason. Someone would inevitably solve this problem.. just happened to be Zuckenberg. You also have payment options with Facebook, for direct purchasing.

AZ will always be the place for real pool news. But there are limitations to a bulletin board system. Sometimes these limitations are based on the software, and the other the available time to administer.

However in Facebook you have annoying feeds, and get stupid notifications and shares which are a borderline joke. I like my friends, but I do not care if they found a video of a penguin blowing bubbles funny.

The internet is a big place and both boards, and Facebook will coexist for a long time. AZ is not the only BBS feeling the effects of FB. All the guitar, fishing, boating, cars, etc.. all feel a little down.

Back to the OP.. when I take pics, I try to put them in the gallery. I have access to some really great cues at the moment and people should see them. They have been off the market for 15 years or more.

JV

The gallery is not just for new cues. Old, new, anything you want to show off.

What has happened?

The sewer of the internet: Facebook.

If the internet needed an enema, you would shove the tube in Facebook.

IMHO, of course.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't need a third party to up load a picture to AZ, just hit the paper click and then it take u to another page

It's easy if an old guy like me can figure it out anyone can, cause I'm not computer literal, hell when I went to school

Ok. I got it. You have to go to the advanced page. Thanks.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quite a few makers put their cues on Facebook. I know Steve Lomax does and the other one I follow Blackpearl cues from PHI does also.

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member

I forgot 2 add that you need 2 do this from ur smart phone or at least that's how I do it.

Thanks!

If I can figure it out anyone can. How do I post more than one picture person though?

Larry

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks!

If I can figure it out anyone can. How do I post more than one picture person though?

Larry

After u chosen a picture it will take u back to the page that had chose file go all the way to the right of the across screen
and hit up load, once it up loads u can repeat progress by hitting choose file again.
After you have you have all the pictures u want up loaded go to right top and close window.
You will then be back to orginal screen, just hit submit like you would any message.

Actually truth is my wife helped out alot lol.
But I got it now.

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the whole Photobucket debacle really knocked a lot of people out of posting images. It became more difficult to post them, at least from mobile. I use Imgur now but it was easier with photobucket.

That, plus the move to social. The Facebook groups have quite a bit of activity these days. It too bad because I prefer the forum setup to FB, but since so many people are already on FB for other things it's in front of them a lot more often probably. It's also super easy to post pictures to FB right from your phone (which is likely also your camera).

Besides all of the post above that are absolutely correct. There's a thread here in the main forum on posting pictures. Look at the link I provided. I broke posting pictures down to make it easy. Works on your computer and cell phone. No 3rd party hosting needed.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Photo editing with Avery for cell phones, is free and pictures come out proper size.
Hope this helps.
picture.php

Last edited:

nj82tj

The dude abides.
Silver Member
Ill be posting at some point. I just paid Prather today for my full splice blank that Bob Dzuricky is going to finish!

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ivory ban anyone?

Maybe a reason not to post pics of potentially ummmm, you get the idea.

Scott

cfrandy

AKA: The Road Runner
Silver Member
I've always trusted the sellers and buyers on AZ. Never trusted FB. I'm always looking at the beautiful high end custom cues. I have two Chris Nitti Brunswick conversions that will be finished soon. They may be my last cues. However, I did just buy a new case from Troy! Maybe I'll put them all in the gallery for you all to google-eye them.

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
I've always trusted the sellers and buyers on AZ. Never trusted FB. I'm always looking at the beautiful high end custom cues. I have two Chris Nitti Brunswick conversions that will be finished soon. They may be my last cues. However, I did just buy a new case from Troy! Maybe I'll put them all in the gallery for you all to google-eye them.

Can't wait to see what you are getting.

Thanks

Kevin

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
I'm going to opposite direction of the masses. I'm so tired of Facebook, that I've come back to AZB from a fairly long hiatus. I just enjoy this setup better.

Josh