Why do tables play different?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I bought a Gold Crown because the top of the line Olhausen Championship table banks funny. Never mind the pocket opening that spits out balls.
2 pool halls here closed and had a bunch of Championship tables. They couldn't give them away.

The Accufast Cushion getting BCA certified as a K66 rubber is a joke.
It's a shame as the cushion material is actually very good.
It's just they did the profile really wrong.
If they made that cushion a true K66 or K55, they would really hurt Brunswick and Artemis.
Joey, just stick to cues buddy, because you really have no idea what you'retalking about, Accufast cushions ARE a K66 profile. And just so you know, the Z shot is all controlled by the FIRST cushion, not the SECOND. THAT reaction is contrled by the angle of approach, spin, and speed when contacting the FIRST cushion, if you could play, you'd know how to make that shot on any table.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Joey, just stick to cues buddy, because you really have no idea what you'retalking about, Accufast cushions ARE a K66 profile. And just so you know, the Z shot is all controlled by the FIRST cushion, not the SECOND. THAT reaction is contrled by the angle of approach, spin, and speed when contacting the FIRST cushion, if you could play, you'd know how to make that shot on any table.

You're getting old Glen.
They are modified K66.
Worse, no grooves in the back and no canvas top.
How did they get certified as K66?
You know the story.
Who was the head of BCA when they got certified?
Somehow a rubber with no groove in the back and no canvas top got certified?

Didn't know you were beyond a C player.
Your blue label still banks short.
And that's according to one of your clients and the only field mech for Diamond here.
If you were that great of a player, you'd have figured that out by now.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You're getting old Glen.
They are modified K66.
You know the story.

And that's according to one of your clients and the only field mech for Diamond here.
Tell me what i should have figured out by now....tell me how to do my job....show me how dumb you really are about working on pool tables, you already did that with cushions....LOL

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You're getting old Glen.
They are modified K66.
You know the story.

Ya know, if i wanted to go back to playing pool again, I'd be back to running 100+ balls at 14.1 and stringing racks together in 10b and 8b....within about 4 months of hard practice, but what's the point, i don't need to play pool for a living, i make a good living working on pool tables already....why would i want to give that up?

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Tell me what i should have figured out by now....tell me how to do my job....show me how dumb you really are about working on pool tables, you already did that with cushions....LOL

Hey Glen, don't make me cut and paste your own words.
You forget more often than you can remember now.

You can start by not certifying rails you never saw.
And when you send someone to pick up my rails, that's an assumption you are working on the rails when you're in town.

Was dumb enough to wait and hire you. But, not that dumb enough to send you the rails by mail after the first fiasco.

Do an advance search on accufast under your name.
Maybe you'd remember your own words again.

He has a pretty good idea of why they all bank short./QUOTE]
There ya go. You go search that one.

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member

And when you send someone to pick up my rails, that's an assumption you are working on the rails when you're in town.

Was dumb enough to wait and hire you. But, not that dumb enough to send you the rails by mail after the first fiasco.

He has a pretty good idea of why they all bank short./QUOTE]
There ya go. You go search that one.
How many times are you going to cry about your rails before you send them off to someone to fix them? I actually don't think you want your rails fix, because if you had them fixed....what would you hace to cry about then? Told you before, i never worked on your rails, and at this loint in time, could give a shit less about them.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my own experience, the Gold Crown rails/bumpers play differently than the Outhouse. Olhausen in German means Outhouse, after playing theirs, I agree.

My outhouse was set up by Professionals hired thru Jim at the Cueball, that was in 2010.

I set up my own Gold Crown recently, it was made in 1962, the table is perfectly level, I redid all the felt, the size of the playing field is perfect no matter where it's measured. It's simply a better table and set up than I am a player.

Day one I was hitting bank shots that the outhouse was not capable of, it's exactly the way Joey explained it on the second rail.

On the rail deal with you two I will say this, when I built homes, I had the responsibility of every subcontractor who worked on that house. That is why I hired great contractors and never had a problem.

In an ever changing world, a know-it-all is quickly left behind.

Lots of respect for both of you, smile and make up.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
On the rail deal with you two I will say this, when I built homes, I had the responsibility of every subcontractor who worked on that house. That is why I hired great contractors and never had a problem.

I think your point is that we can have the best made rails ever known to man ( and I believe I do), but if the guy that sets up the table doesn't know what he's doing, the table is not going to play correctly and that is where I'm at. The guy making the rails has to hope there is a great mechanic on the other end so that his work can shine. BTW I've seen a 9' Olhausen set up correctly and it plays great.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
The OB point of contact is the rail nose in Front of the diamond, not aimed At the diamond.
First rail and third rail contact points also equal 5. Corner to diamond 3 goes to diamond 2.

What denwhit said about his table rebounding 4 1/2 table lengths is okay according to BCA.

I can only get 4 table lengths and 1 diamond routinely from the head spot. One time I did get 4.5 but can not duplicate it.?? I can easily get 5 on my instructor's 9' Olhausen with blue Simonis 860HR. This indicates that my table's problems stem from the bed cloth not being stretched correctly and NOT a problem with the rails and cushions. We'll know everything about it soon enough.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member

How many times are you going to cry about your rails before you send them off to someone to fix them? I actually don't think you want your rails fix, because if you had them fixed....what would you hace to cry about then? Told you before, i never worked on your rails, and at this loint in time, could give a shit less about them.

Yes, you took the out and claim you never worked on my rails.
You said you were on the way out of town when the rails were being done.
Well, duh! Why were you in town?
Coincidence? Hardly. Duh!
Of course you can't care less. You're an asshole for subcontracting my rails without my knowledge. Not that you would have done a much better job. They were done to your specs and you certified them. They'd play the same if you did them.
You might know how to use the protractor a little more though.

Heaven help this person if you convince him to replace the cushions with Artemis.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
In my own experience, the Gold Crown rails/bumpers play differently than the Outhouse. Olhausen in German means Outhouse, after playing theirs, I agree.

My outhouse was set up by Professionals hired thru Jim at the Cueball, that was in 2010.

I set up my own Gold Crown recently, it was made in 1962, the table is perfectly level, I redid all the felt, the size of the playing field is perfect no matter where it's measured. It's simply a better table and set up than I am a player.

Day one I was hitting bank shots that the outhouse was not capable of, it's exactly the way Joey explained it on the second rail.

In an ever changing world, a know-it-all is quickly left behind.

Lots of respect for both of you, smile and make up.
Careful with that.
Glen runs hundreds of balls and it's shooters' fault all the time when that happens on Outhouse.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Of course you can't care less. You're an asshole for subcontracting my rails without my knowledge. Not that you would have done a much better job. They were done to your specs and you certified them. They'd play the same if you did them.

Heaven help this person if you convince him to replace the cushions with Artemis.

Have you EVER heard one person complain about the work i did on their pool table? And fwiw, sub contracting is implying you paid me to do a job, then i took that pay and paid someone else to do the work....hate to correct you, i never touched your money OR your rails. And fyi, i was in California to teach Donny how to rebuild rails, not to get paid to rebuild rails as a job, when i was done showing him on the couple of sets i did work on, i was done teaching so yes, i left. It was hot as hell, i was at Donnys shop for 2 weeks, i was time to go.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

You can think i don't know what I'm doing working on a pool table all you want, don't really care, i know better than that.....and so do all my customers....LOL

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Careful with that.
Glen runs hundreds of balls and it's shooters' fault all the time when that happens on Outhouse.

Next time I'm in your area, I'll be sure to stop by and drop off a baby pacifier for you so you can stop sucking on your thumb...LOL

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Have you EVER heard one person complain about the work i did on their pool table? And fwiw, sub contracting is implying you paid me to do a job, then i took that pay and paid someone else to do the work....hate to correct you, i never touched your money OR your rails. And fyi, i was in California to teach Donny how to rebuild rails, not to get paid to rebuild rails as a job, when i was done showing him on the couple of sets i did work on, i was done teaching so yes, i left. It was hot as hell, i was at Donnys shop for 2 weeks, i was time to go.

Yes.
I already told you to do an advanced search so you'd find it.
Yes, he says the table banks short.
He has a pretty good idea of why they all bank short
There ya go. Do an advanced search on that . You know who posted it.

You can word it any way you want Glen.
I waited for you to come to town in the premise that you were going to work on my rails. You got in and you instructed me to hand him the rails.
I didn't know what arrangements you have with the other two trainees of yours.
You are weaseling out on a job not done right you were hired to do.
You were still in town when those rails were done.
You went to Vegas a day after they were installed here.
My rails were never intended to be training rails.
You never told me that. Worse, you never told me you were not even going to see them.
Never mind the months of communications back and forth before they were done. I got the PM's saved.
I stand by my word . You're an asshole for subcontracting my rails.
Go ahead sue me.
Then you have the gall to tell me to send it somewhere else for a redo.
And you actually already forgot why I communicated with you to get them done. They were already done before that.
How many times should I have the rails done?
3 times? Great.

Last edited: