Why is a 3x4 case not that common

Zerksies

I always like looking around at gear and seeing what's out their. Most cases i see are 2x4 (Which i used for 20 years) 3x5, 3x6 or the extremely big 4x8.

I would think my setup is pretty common:

My player with two shafts

Break cue with a shaft

Air Rush for a jump cue, i modified some Pex pipe and put caps to make it level with my other butts to make it about 29" long

sbrownn

Registered
I like my Instroke 3x7 very much as I have two players with 2 shafts each, my break cue with one shaft, a extra CF shaft plus one free slot if I add any others. I have a McDermott Stinger jump handle that fits in the larger pocket and all my equipment is 3/8x10 or 3/8x10 modified so everything is interchangeable. Plus I like to clean the chalk off my tips with a paper napkin after each playing session and I like to put the shaft tips down and the butt joint pins up, which this case lets you store them in an orientation you want. Best case I've owned in 30+ years.

On my wish list for this great case would be: wider strap, one or two heavy duty strap mounts on the front side of the case for my cue ball holders and both the small pocket and large one could be just a bit larger (wider, deeper and longer).

snookered_again

ive been contemplating making one for my 3/4 snooker cue and 8 ball cue so Im not packing two cases..
the leather ones seem nice as ridgid boxes are always prone to getting knocked over and a leather case is less of a problem, it just falls over with a "whap" rather than a crashing sound.. both can protect the cue itself..
I do prefer the look of a nice wood case.

I sometimes see old woodworking tools that have nice wood and brass corners which are inlaid.. I have an old wooden level I quite admire that I sort of took an admiration to because of it's brass corners being fitted so nicely.

It's a nice chance to use some fancy inlays or get a bit artistic with veneers maybe do some dovetails or box joint corners?

some are stag leather , similar to musical instrument cases..
I admire nicely made leather ones, and there are chinese ones that are ok as far as being functional and not expensive.

like a beautiful cue, a nice case can be a thing of beauty. I think I'd want a leather one if I flew with it in planes or took a bus , and such.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always like looking around at gear and seeing what's out their. Most cases i see are 2x4 (Which i used for 20 years) 3x5, 3x6 or the extremely big 4x8.

I would think my setup is pretty common:

My player with two shafts

Break cue with a shaft

Air Rush for a jump cue, i modified some Pex pipe and put caps to make it level with my other butts to make it about 29" long

The JB Rugged 2x5/3x4 interior is perfect for this and I'm running this exact setup in it. It would actually be too tight I think for a true 3 butt setup but the AirRush jump butt is pretty skinny so that goes in the middle slot. Player with 2 shafts on the left, breaker with it's shaft and the AirRush shaft to the right. I did the same as you and used a little pvc cut to just the right length to make it sit level wtih the rest.

Also leaves the jump compartment in the pocket available for my 8" screw on rear extension which is really handy too

tabi1

Registered
The JB Rugged 2x5/3x4 interior is perfect for this and I'm running this exact setup in it. It would actually be too tight I think for a true 3 butt setup but the AirRush jump butt is pretty skinny so that goes in the middle slot. Player with 2 shafts on the left, breaker with it's shaft and the AirRush shaft to the right. I did the same as you and used a little pvc cut to just the right length to make it sit level wtih the rest.

Also leaves the jump compartment in the pocket available for my 8" screw on rear extension which is really handy too
I agree it's too tight if you fill it like it says at least it seems to me.