why just in the US?

snookered_again

Just curious why the forum says specifically "in the US"
I know most of the readers are from the US, but as far as Billiard and pool history a lot of interesting facts pertaining to antiques and history may also be from other countries. England has a lot to do with the history of snooker for example.
I dont understnad why such a limitation should be important. Borders might not matter much to readers interested in pool or billiards history.

Pin

Registered
I would like a forum called 'Billiard and Pool History in Egypt' where every post is just that one quote from Anthony and Cleopatra

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
I would like a forum called 'Billiard and Pool History in Egypt' where every post is just that one quote from Anthony and Cleopatra
سيكون ذلك مثيرًا للاهتمام حقًا

Dave << not Anthony or Cleopatra

• Love
Reactions: Pin

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Seems to be some lemonading and hustling going on in Cleo's tent:

CLEOPATRA.
Let it alone; let's to billiards:
Come, Charmian.

CHARMIAN.
My arm is sore; best play with Mardian.

CLEOPATRA.
As well a woman with an eunuch play'd
As with a woman.--Come, you'll play with me, sir?

MARDIAN.
As well as I can, madam.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
But how do you say it in Arabic? :)
كليوباترا.
دعها وشأنها. دعونا إلى البلياردو:
تعال يا شارميان.

شارميان.
لدي إلتهاب في ذراعي؛ أفضل اللعب مع مارديان.

كليوباترا.
وكذلك لعبت امرأة مع الخصي
كما هو الحال مع امرأة.--تعال، سوف تلعب معي، يا سيدي؟

مارديان.
بقدر ما أستطيع، سيدتي.
kilyubatra.
daeha washanuha. daeawna 'iilaa albilyardu:
taeal ya sharmian.
sharmian.
ladaya 'iiltihab fi dhiraeay; 'afdal allaeib mae mardian.
kilyubatra.
wakadhalik laeibat aimra'at mae alkhasy
kama hu alhal mae amra'ati.--taeal, sawf taleab maei, ya sidi?
mardian.
biqadr ma 'astatiei, sidti.
Show more

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know most of the readers are from the US, but as far as Billiard and pool history a lot of interesting facts pertaining to antiques and history may also be from other countries. England has a lot to do with the history of snooker for example.
I dont understnad why such a limitation should be important. Borders might not matter much to readers interested in pool or billiards history.
Becuz this is AZ(as in Arizona)Billiards and AZ is in 'murica so all we really care about is 'murican pool. Got it?? ;)

Pin

Registered
Becuz this is AZ(as in Arizona)Billiards and AZ is in 'murica so all we really care about is 'murican pool. Got it?? ;)
I think when Jeff Bezos founded AZ Billiards, he always intended to expand overseas

MissQ8

Yes, I was just watching a NYE, orchestra concert from Vienna, and the host said that Brahms and Strauss played billiards together. I thought that was a fun fact to post, and them was also surprised they limited it to U.S.