Willie hoppe professional

RascalDoc

RascalDoc
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0

SOLD***By having been online and seeing the post 4 minutes after the listing I wound up with this cue. Now I find that the cue doesn't work for me. Too fat and too heavy. I had hoped for a better fit. The cue was sold, I thought. That didn't work out.

.Here is the quote from the original sales thread.
"After owning and using it for 12 years I am selling my rose wood, 19.8oz Willie Hoppe professional. It has one original 11.75mm ivory ferruled shaft,a complete decal as well as one new 12.75 mm shaft and the Original Brunswick case. There is a scuff on the leather but otherwise it is flawless. Straight together and apart. I can email pictures."

Adding some measurements I've taken

1.38" at the hoppe ring

1.05" at the top of the wrap (measured on the wood)

57.5" measured from the end of the ferrule, not including the tip but including the ferrule

balance point, including the tip and measured from there it is about 40" down. Measured from the bottom up, balance point is a smidge over 18" . The measurement of the balance point including the tip, is the only measurement in which the tip is included, and were taken with the new Paul Dayton shaft. Where the shaft and butt meet there is a "feelable" difference in diameter. (I made up a word there, we'll call it poetic license) .

As stated above, cue is in extraordinary condition. Pictures attached.

$SOLD***, paypal as gift, I'll cover shipping in the US. Call text or PM if interested.

mailto:sk8ndoc@bellsouth.net

Attachments

• upload_-1(7).jpg
    upload_-1(7).jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 839
  • upload_-1(3).jpg
    upload_-1(3).jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 831
  • upload_-1(10).jpg
    upload_-1(10).jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 835
Last edited:

RascalDoc

RascalDoc
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Does this bump it? I've been told the cursive Brunswick dates this to late 40's and another comment was early 50's. Also that the combination of the ivory Hoppe ring and cursive label is fairly rare. I'm learning.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

2strong4u

Banned
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Go to this website www.belltownvintage.com and look at the logos there. Notice the B in Brunswick as one of the most predictive of age. A cursive B that is open at the base is 1940s. I can't clearly see your label or I'd give an opinion. The cue is 1940s to me. Awesome dark rosewood. This is a great specimen. Incldes a period case. Suprised its not sold yet. GLWYS.