World Cup of Pool

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like matchroom thought it out smart: let people watch by free piratestreams so they want to watch the semis and final... and then can only watch by paying!

Their good right and $8.99 is a good price.

Please do keep updating on the score, thanks!

That isn't it. Their schedule was put out weeks or a month ago. We will get to see the other semifinal match according to their schedule, and the finals in its entirety as well.

Their afternoon telecast will start at 3:30 pm London time (7:30 am Pacific/10:30 am Eastern/10:30 pm Manila time), instead of the usual 1 pm local time.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/tv-guide

memikey

Never Has Been
Silver Member
I have been watching the live Sky Sports coverage free here...

http://www.coolsport.tv/skysports4.html

Unfortunately right now Sky Sports 4 is covering a Netball match with the Pool on the alternative "red Button" coverage and the streamer hasn't activated the red button.

The Pool will be back on that live stream from 3.30pm Uk time onwards (ie not only on the 'red button') so it can be watched then. You should be able to catch most of the second semi-final and the whole of the final by clicking on the above link then.

All the live sport streams from that site (there are about 30 of them at any given time covering all sports worldwide) involve a bit of initial adware going on, but nothing malicious in nature (I've been using them for a year) and the ads are easy removed by clicking on the various small black 'x' boxes on the top left corner.

Enjoy :smile:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been watching the live Sky Sports coverage free here...

http://www.coolsport.tv/skysports4.html

Unfortunately right now Sky Sports 4 is covering a Netball match with the Pool on the alternative "red Button" coverage and the streamer hasn't activated the red button.

The Pool will be back on that live stream from 3.30pm Uk time onwards (ie not on the 'red button' so it can be watched then. You should be able to catch most of the second semi-final and the whole of the final.

All the live sport streams from that site (there are about 30 of them at any given time covering all sports worldwide) involve a bit of initial adware going on, but nothing malicious in nature (I've been using them for a year) and the ads are easy removed by clicking on the various small black 'x' boxes on the top left corner.

Enjoy :smile:

Two members on this thread told me about Adblock. I was skeptical about putting anything on my best computer (I have five computers), but I reluctantly downloaded Adblock for Chrome.

OMG! Best thing I ever did. I can go on YouTube, read news articles, and NO MORE COMMERCIALS. Wow!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND! I told my brother about it, and he's so happy with no more pesky ads one is forced to watch before anything.

So, if you get Adblock, you won't have to worry about those downloads required to watch a stream. ;)

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1.99 aint bad in case they want to show something else later again during the finals.

7-4 Holland.

Phillipne vs Taipei will be epic.

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two members on this thread told me about Adblock. I was skeptical about putting anything on my best computer (I have five computers), but I reluctantly downloaded Adblock for Chrome.

OMG! Best thing I ever did. I can go on YouTube, read news articles, and NO MORE COMMERCIALS. Wow!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND! I told my brother about it, and he's so happy with no more pesky ads one is forced to watch before anything.

So, if you get Adblock, you won't have to worry about those downloads required to watch a stream. ;)

That's what we've been trying to preach to you for a long time now Jen, good thing you had a change of heart!
1202.gif

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Holland now lead 8-4 and need just one rack to reach the finals.

Vandenberg and Feijen have played brilliant pool. Finland really haven't made many mistakes in this one, but they ran into a buzz saw.

Steep hill to climb for Finland, but funnier things have happened.

monsterdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Purchased the stream from sjm's link, AWESOME stream very clear and cheap for world class pool

Holland leads 7-4

memikey

Never Has Been
Silver Member

Thanks Jen. Am aware of that but understood from someone else it's not quite as good with IE (which I'm using) as with Chrome and to be honest I don't need to download anything when these ads pop up. It just takes twenty seconds or so, if that, to click the ad features away. Norton tidies up any implanted adware immediately.

Best free streaming site I've ever used.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
In rack 13, Vandenberg accidentally pockets a ball as he plays a safety, so the result is that he snookers Feijen. Immonen's miss of a tough bank shot seals the deal, though, and Holland runs out for a well deserved 9-4 win.

Very impressive performance from the Dutch. Finland's title defense is over, but they played well.

Nick Vandenberg has, arguably, been the most consistent player in this event.

gentleman789

Straight Pool Player
Silver Member
Finland wins 9-4 and advances to the final...strong performance!

Sorry for the link I posted earlier...I wasn't aware of it not working everywhere...

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations to the Dutch!

The $64 question is, who would they want to play in the finals?
It's like picking the lesser of two evils if you ask me!
069.gif

monsterdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
World Cup of Pool VIII

Attachments

• Image 004.jpg
    Image 004.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 533
  • Image 005.jpg
    Image 005.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 528
  • Image 006.jpg
    Image 006.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 535

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Match betting odds for the semifinals:

Finland +100 vs. Holland -125

Philippines -138 vs. Chinese Taipei +110

Current odds for the 4 remaining teams to win it outright:

Philippines +163

Chinese Taipei +225

Holland +350

Finland +450

The books have been spot on so far...

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lee van plays a nice safe on 1 ball. Ko sells out with a 9 right near the corner pocket. Dennis carroms 1-9.

2-1 Phillipine.