World Games, Chengdu China, Aug. 7-17, 2025

Flakeandrun

The next World Games will be in Chengdu, China (Sichuan province), a city of 21 million people.

The cue sports participating will again be carom, snooker and pool. I think there is some chance we will see Chinese 8 ball among the pool.

For more info, visit the World Games page at https://www.theworldgames.org/editions/Chengdu-CHN-2025-14
Absolutely will be some Chinese-8. There have been WPA and MR murmurings around, and lots of rumors on the grapevine growing fatter and juicier around here the last month or so.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely will be some Chinese-8. There have been WPA and MR murmurings around, and lots of rumors on the grapevine growing fatter and juicier around here the last month or so.
World Games plays three billiard games: 9ball, snooker, 3c. Ch.8b MIGHT be a demonstration game but it won't be a medal game. Also, i haven't seen/heard one thing regarding MR doing any 8b. Not saying it never happens but nothing so far. BTW, i tried watching the JOY Masters that's going on and its still boring as hell to me. Total snoozefest.

Flakeandrun

World Games plays three billiard games: 9ball, snooker, 3c. Ch.8b MIGHT be a demonstration game but it won't be a medal game. Also, i haven't seen/heard one thing regarding MR doing any 8b. Not saying it never happens but nothing so far.
Chinese-8 ball will be demo'd for sure. There will also be a lot of 8-ball tournaments for those taking the trip to take part in around that time. MR for sure won't be doing 8-ball... or even looking in that direction, but as for China events... who knows 🤷‍♂️ :)