WORLD POOL (nineball) CHAMPIONSHIP (6-10 April2022), UK, Winner $60K

Mich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So why didn’t they move tables in previous match?
Definitely helped Alex catch Oliver on the hill

I think no one had told John Lehman but now he’s involved

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like they’re moving tables. What is the score? The first rack was 9 on the break, then they each won a game, and now digital pool says it’s still 2-1. Is that wrong and there was another 9 on the break?

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
To me they only have two options. One is racking on the opposite end of table 2. Another is waiting until SVB vs Chang is finished and playing the match on table 1 after them.

Vahmurka

Silver Member
Looks like they’re moving tables. What is the score? The first rack was 9 on the break, then they each won a game, and now digital pool says it’s still 2-1. Is that wrong and there was another 9 on the break?
Lechner won a rack at 0-2 down. Laid a good safety on AlYousef and ran out with ball in hand.

Last edited:

Mich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was strange, only started happening last three racks of Kazakis match, and continued at start of Lechner match

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Score 2-1. So it must have only been one 9 on the break, but on the others the 9 was just obviously tracking that direction.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it really that empty? Maybe chairs up close are VIP and they’re all at the bar!
I think it is that empty-MR use to give away free tickets for the WPC in Cardiff to have more fans for the excitement factor. The WPBA use to invite fans from the cheap seats to come up front for the same reason and very few would ever leave their original seats funny enough. Perhaps if there was an Englishmen in the last 8, it would be more crowded. Hopefully tomorrow will be different.

Vahmurka

Silver Member
It was strange, only started happening last three racks of Kazakis match, and continued at start of Lechner match
I browsed the recording and it turned out the 9 started to roll early in the set. Actually in rack 5 (at 4-0 scoreline) is already rolls toward the corner. So close to the end of the match something changed so that the ball rolled farther. Maybe the air became less humid?
That said, the bell was ringing much earlier than at rack 18 (10-7 Oliver leading).

Table 2 stream is up now.

Vahmurka

Silver Member
To me they only have two options. One is racking on the opposite end of table 2. Another is waiting until SVB vs Chang is finished and playing the match on table 1 after them.
Okay, they moved the match to some of other tables in the background, which they luckily didn't disassemble.
Actually it looks like a practice table somewhere under the stands, as there is no carpeting at all.

Stream from the "table 2", namely Lechner vs AlYousef, is up now.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When Kazakis made the 9 on the break, it was in the opposite corner from where he was breaking. In the Lechner match it was heading towards the corner pocket on the same side they were breaking.

Vahmurka

Silver Member
When Kazakis made the 9 on the break, it was in the opposite corner from where he was breaking. In the Lechner match it was heading towards the corner pocket on the same side they were breaking.
On the break shots that I gave a rapid check, the 9 always drifted towards the right corner, as seen on the screen (so, to the left side of the player breaking).

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You haven't specified where the players were breaking from...whether the same side of the table or opposite. If the 9 ball is heading towards either corner pocket randomly, then that shows the ref has even less idea what he/she is doing than if it went to only 1 corner pocket

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the break shots that I gave a rapid check, the 9 always drifted towards the right corner, as seen on the screen (so, to the left side of the player breaking).
That’s right. I’m just pointing out that when Kazakis made the 9 he was breaking on the right side of the table (his right), and when Alyousef made it he was breaking on his left side of the table. Maybe whatever gap was there made it track the same way regardless of which side they broke from.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it is that empty-MR use to give away free tickets for the WPC in Cardiff to have more fans for the excitement factor. The WPBA use to invite fans from the cheap seats to come up front for the same reason and very few would ever leave their original seats funny enough. Perhaps if there was an Englishmen in the last 8, it would be more crowded. Hopefully tomorrow will be different.

idk. mosconi cup in london sells out, and there's no englishman on the euro team. there's a scotsman, but i suspect even without him it would sell out. fans from other countries are probably more likely to wanna go to london than to milton keynes.

i hope they get bigger crowds going forward, it adds a lot more pressure