Would you buy a cue case for your old cues?

timothysoong

TS Billiards
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you're living in a small apartment where you'd not have space to hang your cues against the wall. And if you have 2 sets of cues(2player,2jump, 2break) and only one cue case.

Would you decide to get a cheap case for your old cues? Or just let them lean against the wall? Cause I now have a new sets of cues, I do not know where to keep my old cues. I still play with my old cues occasionally tho, so Im not selling them off.

Tim

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
The same question came up last night by a girl :eek: in my BCA league.
She has some nice cues and just stores them on the wall rack by her table.
Now it's my problem and I have to come up with a cheap 4 x 8.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
Leaving them exposed can cause some ultra violet bleaching. I have seen cues in the rack at a local PH that have become bleached on one side because they have been there a long time under the cabinet lights.

Then again storing in a case makes them easier to steal. :eek:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get a case.

If you store them in a wall rack it should be a cabinet with UV blocking glass.

Please don't store them leaning against a wall......unless you really don't like them.

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am not really sure i understand the question

If you're living in a small apartment where you'd not have space to hang your cues against the wall.
if i lived in an apartment that small, i think i would not buy the case, i would save my money and get a larger apartment.
what am i missing here, sorry i just do not understand

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
If you're living in a small apartment where you'd not have space to hang your cues against the wall.
if i lived in an apartment that small, i think i would not buy the case, i would save my money and get a larger apartment.

:)

Im.going with.....reality ?

:grin-square:

evanandpeaches

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use a very cheap case for a few of my cues. I roll them in a towel so they are not touching and stash them in the back of a dresser drawer

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Absolutely

I would buy a case for the old cues. In fact, I would buy one that I could switch out with my regular case every now and then to use.

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I really dont understand the question either?, I just lay my cues on my pool table :grin:

Seriously, sounds like you're looking for a low-cost space-saving solution. You cannot beat the towel idea already given, roll them up with your oldest towel and put them under the bed or somewhere....

[If you really wanted them on the wall but dont have wall space, what aout hanging them on the back of a door? or up high, horizontal, near the ceiling?]

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I like keeping my old cues stored in hard cases, thats my preference.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 216

timothysoong

TS Billiards
Gold Member
Silver Member

I can't cause im not earning enough to pay for a larger apartment.

And thanks for the reply guys, im gonna buy a new case then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try some of these. They work great & they keep your cue hanging straight

Attachments

• Pool Cue gripper.jpg
    Pool Cue gripper.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 141

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
These are nice inexpensive cases that are great for everyday use or storage: http://www.cuesight.com/sth12k.html. They come in 3 cue versions too.

Their wave cases are a step above these with similar insides and protection, just a better quality w/better pockets & a little style. Of course they cost a little more, too.

I vote for putting the cues in a case and do not lean the cues against an outside wall.

Dave

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
These are nice inexpensive cases that are great for everyday use or storage: http://www.cuesight.com/sth12k.html. They come in 3 cue versions too.

Their wave cases are a step above these with similar insides and protection, just a better quality w/better pockets & a little style. Of course they cost a little more, too.

I vote for putting the cues in a case and do not lean the cues against an outside wall.

Dave

i beleive the wave cases have the "organic rebound interior" the regular sterling case does not i beleive
regardless sterling cases are all terrific
i do agree that the op should store his cues in a case both for protection and to prevent warping.
and as mentioned away from an outside wall
i have several sterling wave cases and think they are the best bang for the buck case made