WTB: Cheap Case

kbchan

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am looking for a cheap case. Maybe someone has upgraded or has one sitting around collecting dust. Would prefer at least 2x2. No preference really... shoulder strap.. black/brown/tan/butterfly/hard/soft..etc .. nothing too crazy in color, just something to carry around my playing cue and a breaking cue I plan on getting in the near future.

As for price range.. the cheaper the better :) (maybe I am reaching) I have seen a TON of beautiful leather cases for 2/300+ but as much as I would love one those, they are out of this med students price range.

Please reply with shipped price or PM me directly. Thank you very much for your time.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Hello,

I am looking for a cheap case. Maybe someone has upgraded or has one sitting around collecting dust. Would prefer at least 2x2. No preference really... shoulder strap.. black/brown/tan/butterfly/hard/soft..etc .. nothing too crazy in color, just something to carry around my playing cue and a breaking cue I plan on getting in the near future.

As for price range.. the cheaper the better :) (maybe I am reaching) I have seen a TON of beautiful leather cases for 2/300+ but as much as I would love one those, they are out of this med students price range.

Please reply with shipped price or PM me directly. Thank you very much for your time.

You are a medical student? :smile:

Folks....I don't have a 2x2 available right now so if you've got one....we have a medical student that needs one here. I will tell you they work/study 80 hours a week and pay for the privilege. In general they are worked, starved, and sleep deprived to extremes that would piss of human rights organizations. They do this for the privilege of serving society in a career with a high divorce rate, high suicide rate, high bankruptcy rate, high disability rate, high rate of depression....and contrary to popular belief they will not get rich.

Let's scare up a case..... :smile:

deadhead

more money than sense...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I have a couple that I would let go for a pretty good price, (under retail....) all prices are minus actual shipping costs, to be determined at shipping time.

I have a joe porper vinyl 2x4 with orange flame graphic (125.00 from porper website) that I would sell for 80.00 plus shipping cost

also an older cuetec 2x4 hard case that I picked up a few years back that I would sell for 50.00 plus shipping

lastly there is a billardi all leather jet black 2x4 that I have seen sell on ebay for up to 350.00, that I would sell for 125.00 plus shipping.

if you have any interest in any of these cases, shoot me an email, or post here and I can get you some pictures.

FYI, the porper and billardi are in excellent like new condition, and the cuetec is pretty well used, but functional.....

thanks,

Dave
grateful_yonderer@yahoo.com

kbchan

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are a medical student? :smile:

Folks....I don't have a 2x2 available right now so if you've got one....we have a medical student that needs one here. I will tell you they work/study 80 hours a week and pay for the privilege. In general they are worked, starved, and sleep deprived to extremes that would piss of human rights organizations. They do this for the privilege of serving society in a career with a high divorce rate, high suicide rate, high bankruptcy rate, high disability rate, high rate of depression....and contrary to popular belief they will not get rich.

Let's scare up a case..... :smile:

All PM's replied. Thank you.

Chopdoc - Thank you for the kind words sir! Yes, A PGY-2 here. The long work/study days are now replaced with just longggg work days and being on call for <40K in NY doesn't leave much room for caviar and Dom. However, I do get a free meal when I am on call :thumbup: Worked, starved and sleep deprived sounds about right hits it right on the nose! Cept' the time I should be sleeping/relaxing I am banging the balls around in the local hall.

Realizm - I had no price set in my head .. 100 shipped maybe for the right case/deal. Right now I am that guy that is lugging his cue around without the case but I do have joint protectors if that counts?

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I have a good friend in residency in NY right now. IM. The salary is barely subsistence.

Just work? Yeah, well....your done with Step 3......but the studying never ends....it's just different. You'll still have your Specialty Boards and re-qualification to contend with....as well as CME.

Good luck with your search for a case. :thumbup:

kbchan

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doc .. Where in NY? I am in Upstate NY, Rochester. Great little city, bipolar weather though! And yes, the studying/learning never ends.

kbchan

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking again..

Anyone going to SBE that has one to unleash!? :) .. collecting dust whatever.. I am going with a few locals this week just to spectate take in as much info as I can.

Again looking for at least 2x2 ..black preferably but then again beggars can't be choosers right? :)

The case I had intentions of buying from the gentlemen has not gotten back to me after going back and forth numerous times? So even if we go through with the transaction I won't get it in time.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Doc .. Where in NY? I am in Upstate NY, Rochester. Great little city, bipolar weather though! And yes, the studying/learning never ends.

He's in Manhattan....really starving....can't afford to live there on a resident's salary but he scrapes by.

kbchan

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's in Manhattan....really starving....can't afford to live there on a resident's salary but he scrapes by.

Haha.. not exactly Manhattan but close ;)

Again, if anyone is going to the expo has a case sitting around. Lets exchange some info and meet! Quick sale. Plus I can save a little on shipping now.

By this thread. Please, I am not looking for any giveaways/handouts or sympathy. EVERYONE on this forum has been very helpful with me getting back into the sport! If you just have a case laying around.. I am just looking for the best value for my dollar at this point. Down the road I will swing for the fences! :thumbup:

kbchan

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
Anyone going to SBE that has one to unleash!? :) .. collecting dust whatever.. I am going with a few locals this week just to spectate take in as much info as I can.

Again looking for at least 2x2 ..black preferably but then again beggars can't be choosers right? :)

The case I had intentions of buying from the gentlemen has not gotten back to me after going back and forth numerous times? So even if we go through with the transaction I won't get it in time.

Stop by the Sterling booth BEFORE you spend any money. I guarantee you that you can get way more case for your money by looking at the Sterling cases and comparing them to what else is out there.

http://www.sterlingcuecases.com/

You can buy a 2x2/2x3 which is built to the same size as other people's 2x2 for as little as $50 (street price)

Example:
STH4BC.jpg

http://www.sterlingcuecases.com/sth5bk.html

STH5BKComp.jpg

Anyway, at least stop by and look at the cases and then walk around and look at what everyone else has and then decide.

Take a look here to see how I feel about protection: www.jbcases.com/protection.html

It's in every case I design from the $1500 custom ones or the $60 production ones.

kbchan

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stop by the Sterling booth BEFORE you spend any money. I guarantee you that you can get way more case for your money by looking at the Sterling cases and comparing them to what else is out there.

http://www.sterlingcuecases.com/

You can buy a 2x2/2x3 which is built to the same size as other people's 2x2 for as little as $50 (street price)

Example:
STH4BC.jpg

http://www.sterlingcuecases.com/sth5bk.html

STH5BKComp.jpg

Anyway, at least stop by and look at the cases and then walk around and look at what everyone else has and then decide.

Take a look here to see how I feel about protection: www.jbcases.com/protection.html

It's in every case I design from the $1500 custom ones or the $60 production ones.

Great info! I guess my perception on this expo (1st billiards expo/tournament) is that all they had was new high end cues/cases..etc not 50 dollar ones. If that's the case (no pun intended) then.. I am sold! I will wait till I am there for the festivities and pick one up there! ;) Many Thanks!