WTB: Schon CX-51 (skulls)

jaymo877

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WTB/Need Advice: Schon CX-51 (skulls)

I can get the cue for about $700 ordered brand new, but I would much rather find a used one and save some money. With that said... I do not have access to a blue book for cues or seem to find anyone that has any knowledge to make an educated guess about fair pricing. I may have found one around my local area, although I have not yet contacted the seller. I would like to have a target purchase price in mind first since the asking is almost what I can get it for new. The person is trying to play the "I just paid $1,200 for it a few months ago" which may somehow, although unlikely, be the case. Although, I know for a fact longer than a few months ago it was no more than $900 online. Help?!

Attachments

• cx51.jpg
    cx51.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 940
Last edited:

jaymo877

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Originally $1,200 new. Down around $900 for at least 6 months. Like new about $500 and Good used condition about $300-400? Suggestions...

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
If you can get a Schon skull cue for $700 ordered new, then you should order it.

I have had several of the Skull cues, both new and used. I have never sold one for less than $650. I have sold several for around $1000 each, most of the used ones in really good shape went for $700-800.

The Schon Skull cues are some of the most popular Schon cues built. The CX-51 lists for $1200, and can be found online discounted for $960...if you can pick it up for $700 brand new, then you got a hell of a deal.

Joe

jaymo877

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$700 because I can order cues at cost, I've just been waiting to find a used one somewhere. I wouldn't mind getting to shoot a couple balls with the cue since I've never shot with one so I'm in no rush. Also, if I ended up not liking the cue as my main playing cue I would have an easier time re-selling it to a friend.

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you can get one new for $700 then I would do it. Why buy a used one for the same price or even more?

jaymo877

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because I didnt know how much I could get a used one for... this is the first one I've seen used. I normally see them brand new.

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
Because I didnt know how much I could get a used one for... this is the first one I've seen used. I normally see them brand new.

I don't believe you are going to find a good, used Schon skull cue for the $300-400 amount that you mentioned, even in this buyer's market. That is way too low for that cue, or just about any Schon. Schon STL-1 cues sell for $300-400 on the secondary market, in good used condition.

Joe

jaymo877

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly why I came here asking! Lol If it were golf clubs I'd be able to tell you off hand, but I haven't been in the pool market that long. Thanks

J Layer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I don't believe you are going to find a good, used Schon skull cue for the $300-400 amount that you mentioned, even in this buyer's market. That is way too low for that cue, or just about any Schon. Schon STL-1 cues sell for $300-400 on the secondary market, in good used condition.

Joe

Joe is dead on here.I follow most Schon's for sale as well as collect them and if you can buy one new for $700 that's a great deal for a skull cue.Trying to find one used your probably going to be close to that price range.$300-$400 just won't happen for a skull cue on any condition.But I guess we all can dream;)Good luck on your hunt but a new skull cue for $700 I really don't know why you get it sounds like a great deal.IMO

J.R.

jaymo877

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the advice guys. Booga, nice talkin to you earlier and hopefully you can get this cue to georgia soon and maybe we can smack some around in Conyers.

The Schwartz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Here's one, and in Georgia too

I don't know if this is the cue you originally were looking at, but Craigslist has this one listed out of Winder, GA for $500. I almost jumped on this but found an even better deal on an STL 2 that I liked slightly more. Anyways, here is the link to the Craigslist ad. It seems legit to me FWIW and a good deal on a real nice cue.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/for/1701549291.html