WWYD Ghost

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What would you do here with BIH? Go into the 3-5 cluster now? Go into it off the 2? Which way? Leave it alone and play shape to bank the 3? I paused the situation now. I will mark the table before continuing to try the suggestions. Score is 1-0 race to 7.

IMG_0770.jpeg
IMG_0771.jpeg
IMG_0772.jpeg

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I would likely break it off the 2. Make the one and get on that line closest to the 2

Break them up from behind off the top rail and push the 3 down for a shot in the corner or maybe the side of it all lands just so.

Although looking again there is decent space between 3&5 so maybe I would just try to get behind it for the opposite side pocket or corner where the 2 will go.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I planned position to break it out off the two. I played position on the one to land on the two so that I could go (off the 2) forward 2 rails, or straight across no rails into the cluster. I botched position off the 1 (almost missed the 1!) and ended up with an angle that I could only play position for the bank. I made the bank but tied up the 4-5 in the process and the run ended. I'll upload video later. I'll try the suggestions in the thread later. I marked the table before trying the live shot. Off to the dayjob now:)

Bigkat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This may be a crazy answer, but I'm a "GOOD" banker. So, I'm not doing anything too fancy. Play the 1. Play the 2 in top right corner. THEN, I'M SPIN BANKING THE 3 BALL CROSS-SIDE!!! :cool:

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I planned position to break it out off the two. I played position on the one to land on the two so that I could go (off the 2) forward 2 rails, or straight across no rails into the cluster. I botched position off the 1 (almost missed the 1!) and ended up with an angle that I could only play position for the bank. I made the bank but tied up the 4-5 in the process and the run ended. I'll upload video later. I'll try the suggestions in the thread later. I marked the table before trying the live shot. Off to the dayjob now:)
This was what I was thinking. Did you play the 1 top right corner so only roll cb straight ahead?

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
Pick the appropriate angle on the two so the ball just comes across for the three in the same pocket. Flirting with difficulty on the four but that's the way I'd go.
These situations always make me think of Danny D commentary "Fall on where they go. You will develop a better cue ball".

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Try playing position on the 3 ball. Give yourself a half-ball cut on the 2 to the left so you can come off the right side rail to put yourself on the left side rail for short-side position. Percentage-wise the bank may be better, but short-side shape is good thing to work on.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try playing position on the 3 ball. Give yourself a half-ball cut on the 2 to the left so you can come off the right side rail to put yourself on the left side rail for short-side position. Percentage-wise the bank may be better, but short-side shape is good thing to work on.
I play "small window" shape often. It is almost as rewarding as "whack a mole" blast and snipe!

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd play safe vs an opponent - cue ball behind the 7/8.

If I had to run out I'd probably just play to bank the 3 cross side. Trying to break it out probably leaves you with a bank on the 2 and you could tie up more balls.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I like this...if you can stay off the rail a bit and get the 3-fairly full, you got a Cosmo.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I like trying to split the 5/3 caroming straight across off the 2. It's just a little stun/draw off the tangent line (in white here).

pj
chgo

Blank.png

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pick the appropriate angle on the two so the ball just comes across for the three in the same pocket. Flirting with difficulty on the four but that's the way I'd go.

I’d do this. I’d like a pretty thin angle on the 2. Seems I should be able to shoot 1 in left side, go to side rail and out for a cut on the 2. Roll across table for 3 in same pocket

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

gerard soriano

HIGH RUN STILL TO COME !
Silver Member
1 in the corner,2 in the corner calling lock up safe . leaving Q behind 4
Very hard to hit 3 from there IMHO

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
This is why the Ghost sucks. The only smart play when actually playing the game is a safe. CB behind the 7/8 and 1 behind the 4/5 cluster. Let your opponent sweat it.

That said, now that we're 100% offensive. I'd probably just play a stop shot on the 1 into the bottom corner and slide the CB toward the 3/5 cluster off the 2 with enough force to blast the 3 clear and hopefully not screw up the 4 too badly with the 5.

I don't like the odds of playing outside follow off the two into the back of the 5. Too likely to stick close to the 5 and screw yourself.

If you're really dialed in. You may even try gently sliding the CB to the opposite rail off the two, and play the 3 into the same 2 ball corner.

Ghost sucks