you ever wanted to put a boot up a team mates azz ?

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
I have one couple now "ex" couple on my 9 ball team. The ex-wife is also on my 8 ball team .. but anyway. They are still best friends and they work and play well together. I really am lucky in at least falling into a couple teams of adults. Really only person in their 20s that I just added, and he's a good kid. 3 of us are 60 or over, and the rest 40 or over. All in all not a bad deal.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ask my teammates from the other night. They definitely wanted to kick my butt. :)

Got ball in hand with one ball left, instead of shooting my ball I shot the 8-ball in...just not thinking. lol. I don't remember ever doing that before.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ask my teammates from the other night. They definitely wanted to kick my butt. :)

Got ball in hand with one ball left, instead of shooting my ball I shot the 8-ball in...just not thinking. lol. I don't remember ever doing that before.

Don't feel bad. I think we've all done stupid stuff like that. Getting shape on the 4 when the 3 was still on the table, etc.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't feel bad. I think we've all done stupid stuff like that. Getting shape on the 4 when the 3 was still on the table, etc.

Thanks Philly. We've all done it. And we've all felt bad when we've done it. :)

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member

Let me guess....you didn't see the One ball....up near the head rail? It's almost always the One ball.

Jeff Livingston

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me guess....you didn't see the One ball....up near the head rail? It's almost always the One ball.

Jeff Livingston

With me it was the 5 in the middle of the table.was playing 8 ball. Broke and ran l the way down to the 8. Set up and fired it in. Said... Yea baby break and run.! One of my team mates said you forgot one. I said ..huh ? . Turn around and look at the table and see a bright orange ball sitting right there plain as day. I said well ya' ll could have yelled I forgot one or called a time out or something. He said every one thought I was shooting at the 5 instead of the 8 cause the cue ball went missed it by inches while pocket in the 8.

Felt like I was 2 inches tall lol.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
With me it was the 5 in the middle of the table.was playing 8 ball. Broke and ran l the way down to the 8. Set up and fired it in. Said... Yea baby break and run.! One of my team mates said you forgot one. I said ..huh ? . Turn around and look at the table and see a bright orange ball sitting right there plain as day. I said well ya' ll could have yelled I forgot one or called a time out or something. He said every one thought I was shooting at the 5 instead of the 8 cause the cue ball went missed it by inches while pocket in the 8.

Felt like I was 2 inches tall lol.

We were playing a match of American Rotation a few weeks ago and as we were trying to pot the 11, I suddenly noticed the 6 ball sitting near the other end of the table. Not sure who forgot it first, but it was my opponent shooting at the time I saw it, so I called the foul. We both laughed at our stupidity or inattentiveness or whatever cause this.

I feel better in a sick way knowing I'm not the only one.:embarrassed2:

Jeff Livingston

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I think you are likely in for more of the same with your player, but I suppose that you ought to give him one chance, in the event that he was just having a one-off bad day....I doubt this will be the end of it, but everyone deserves one chance, I would think.

As for the phone thing, I will look at my phone if it goes off while I'm in a match, and if its not from my wife or my son, I ignore it till after the match is done. (I have to be available to my son, and my wife if its about my son.) It does annoy me somewhat to have it go off during my match, but since I have to be available, I can't shut it off, so I glance at it, grumble at the timing, and carry on. :p Fortunately, it doesn't happen often.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I cant remember any team mates that I havent wanted to put a boot up their ass. Well their is 1.:rolleyes:

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, but only because they were taking too long to bring me a beer.
Unacceptable behavior!

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gave up the team league thing last session and joined an "in-house" league that just does "one on one" (handicapped). Every week you shoot someone different could be a three or a seven or anything thing in between. The money collected stays in-house pays for the table fees, etc and at the end of the session we stage a payout tournament(s) and a big food/drink party (no money needed). As a result of this venue I have re-dedicated myself to the sport and have gone up one skill level as a result of my win-loss record.

This venture is a result of guys/gals tired of the APA, TAP and BCA Bull Sh-t. Now, shooting competitively is an absolute joy.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gave up the team league thing last session and joined an "in-house" league that just does "one on one" (handicapped). Every week you shoot someone different could be a three or a seven or anything thing in between. The money collected stays in-house pays for the table fees, etc and at the end of the session we stage a payout tournament(s) and a big food/drink party (no money needed). As a result of this venue I have re-dedicated myself to the sport and have gone up one skill level as a result of my win-loss record.

This venture is a result of guys/gals tired of the APA, TAP and BCA Bull Sh-t. Now, shooting competitively is an absolute joy.

We used to have a place that did this in Denver a long time ago. I loved it.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member

We've been doing this for a little over 10yrs now.

Both 8 and 9 Ball.... $6 a night, skill levels are adjusted based on a 5 week average.
Very simple, very few headaches. Everybody loves it. We only have 10 tables,but between 8/9 ball, we have well over 120 players, with maybe half playing both.

I gave up on the APA/BCA leagues looooong ago. Too many cheaters, too many cry babies, too many LO's that don't even know their own rules, or could care less to learn the rules. I know they were in it only for the money, but come on.... league would start a 7pm, the LO would show up around 9pm, collect his money, and he's out the door like Clark Kent.....swoooosh.

What a joke.