You get what you pay for!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I understand the question but I don't understand why you're asking it. All I wanted to know is what issues you see with the photos posted since I am not looking at it with your trained eye of an experienced professional. (Is that deferential enough, RKC?)
If you can't see the sloppy work in the pictures, then explaining the difference won't do any good. Even the cushions are mounted upside down! Look at the nose height being shown!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yep, I know he's like that, but that doesn't outweigh his general attitude towards people so - IMHO - he can eat a dick.
I'll tell you what my biggest problem is, it's with people like you, you are the problem, and everyone just like you. You think you know it all, when in fact you don't know jack shit! Got any pictures of Trents work, not of the tables he's done, his actual work?? I wish you would HIRE him, that would bring me a tremendous satisfaction, but then again, you wouldn't know the difference between good and bad work, not even if your life depended on it!!!

dquarasr

Registered
If you can't see the sloppy work in the pictures, then explaining the difference won't do any good. Even the cushions are mounted upside down! Look at the nose height being shown!
I can see sloppy work.

But what I don’t know, and I was respectfully asking, are things like nose height. How TF am I supposed to know what the specs should be?

I’m disappointed you demurred on an opportunity to share your knowledge with someone respectfully asking, opting instead to point out my ignorance.

And to think I defended you….. SMH

GoldCrown

Pool players have more balls
Gold Member
Silver Member
Home owners, keep hiring Professional Pool Table Mechanics, without doing some background checking, and you'll get what you deserve, I promise you!!!
Issue: I bought from a well respected dealer. Company is Diamond authorised. However the principal does not service tables anymore… his family/relatives did the set up. I did my homework and got a schlock job. Could not see that coming.
The (independent) person that came to redo the cloth left some flaws and the table is getting recovered a 3rd time. This time Diamond said they’ll send a team. What team? Are factory trained Simonis techs coming out? When the time is right I’m going to check with you to see if you’re familiar with who Diamond is sending otherwise I’m getting another stranger.
I can’t lift/pull anymore otherwise I’d DIY.

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Issue: I bought from a well respected dealer. Company is Diamond authorised. However the principal does not service tables anymore… his family/relatives did the set up. I did my homework and got a schlock job. Could not see that coming.
The (independent) person that came to redo the cloth left some flaws and the table is getting recovered a 3rd time. This time Diamond said they’ll send a team. What team? Are factory trained Simonis techs coming out? When the time is right I’m going to check with you to see if you’re familiar with who Diamond is sending otherwise I’m getting another stranger.
I can’t lift/pull anymore otherwise I’d DIY.
Check with me first then.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I can see sloppy work.

But what I don’t know, and I was respectfully asking, are things like nose height. How TF am I supposed to know what the specs should be?

I’m disappointed you demurred on an opportunity to share your knowledge with someone respectfully asking, opting instead to point out my ignorance.

Listen, if you want to learn about working on pool tables, then ask me, don't beat around the bush! Better yet, go to my YouTube channel, The Real King Cobra Billiards, I'm posting all kinds of training videos, for FREE viewing as a better way of teaching, and explaining how to work on pool tables!! Ok??

This is an example of what you can learn!!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I DID ASK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I posted pictures of a bad job someone paid for. I didn't post those pictures to critique everything wrong with the job so others could learn, I didn't know they would be considered training pictures!

GoldCrown

Pool players have more balls
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sort of related but not as complicated... I'm giving thought to a Valley Bumper pool table. How do I get Normal Humans to deliver/set up. The same local people that I would never use again for a pool are the Valley dealers. I believe the bed and rails are done but the legs have to go on. The table has to be delivered without killing the doorway, walls or floor.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can see sloppy work.

I hope you can at least understand my disdain for him. You may not have to agree with it, but I think you get my point. The ONLY reason for him to post this was to stoke his ego.

EDIT: After I posted this I saw your last post to him, job well done.