Z Billiards Tables............

Or what I call a cheap knock off of a real pool table!

After setting up quite a few of these tables, we said never again! But I guess it has been so long that we forgot why...lol. It's kinda like the difference between that furniture you can get at Wal Mart made out of partical board with a sticker of real wood on it.....and actual furniture. It works, but you get what ya pay for!
On the outside these Z Billiards tables look great! But they are the biggest pieces of crap you can find! The pieces laying there look great, until you put all those pieces together. Then that's when the problems start.......
It even comes with a video on how to set it up.......lol.....and they say all you have to do is screw those slates down and flush the joints, then put a shim under the legs.....and presto! IT'S LEVEL! I guess the honestly believe this, but it ain't true!
This last table we did looked like someone and taken the frame and twisted it....it was off in differnet directions on both ends, and sagged in the middle as alot of older tables do over time. The slates rocked when they we put in place, like the top of the frame wasn't flat....and so on!
Then the slate screws we only 1/4" longer than the slate was thick......so we had to get all new slate screws! Not a big deal!
The holes in the rails for the pocket irons were drilled crooked on half of them! And when we got the rails and pockets together to flip over.......I swear one or 2 of the rails were a half inch off the table while the rail next to it was flat! If that makes sense? It is a combo of the pocket irons being unsquare and the holes they go in being crooked! It was a joke!......Then to top it off the rail/skirt ( all one piece ) had absolutly no play around the slate! This is just a poor design, there should be some play to adjust the rails....but the skirts hit the edge of the slate all the way around the table!
In conclusion.......I hope someone associated with Z Billiards reads this and wants to debate it! Because everone we have seen has had some variations of these problems!

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
have any of the people you set these tables up for call you for any warrenty issues??
we set up 5 of these tables and every one of them was crap and had problems. the people that bought them thought we, the billiard factory, would warrenty them. what a joke, heck no we don't warrenty those. we decided that we wouldn't set them up any more...for no price. some guys in vegas are getting anywhere from 500 to 1000 to set them up. not worth the headache. PTM says it best "you get what you pay for" i wish more people understood this. go onto consumer reports and read what it says about z billiards, that should be all the research a person needs to do on them.

wakuljr said:
have any of the people you set these tables up for call you for any warrenty issues??
we set up 5 of these tables and every one of them was crap and had problems. the people that bought them thought we, the billiard factory, would warrenty them. what a joke, heck no we don't warrenty those. we decided that we wouldn't set them up any more...for no price. some guys in vegas are getting anywhere from 500 to 1000 to set them up. not worth the headache. PTM says it best "you get what you pay for" i wish more people understood this. go onto consumer reports and read what it says about z billiards, that should be all the research a person needs to do on them.
We have had 2 people call them and cancel there Credit Card payment, and tell them it will be sitting out by the curb! One of them didn't come with RAILS! lol....and they wouldn't do anything about it.
And the other had a broke slate, and they tried to say that they must have done it themselves!
One other guy we never heard back from said he tightened one of his rails because he thought it was kind of loose........and the pocket iron broke thru the top of the rail it was bent so bad! We never heard back from the guy so not sure what ever happened with it!

What we have done is tell them ahead of time.....we ain't responsible for mistakes that the table has! We will fix it as best we can, but it ain't our problem! lol
But like you said....NEVER AGAIN! Not even for double the setup fee! We are done with the ZBilliards KNOCKOFFS of a real table!

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
I think you guys are craZy. After I take Z bath and put on Z fresh clothes, I jump in Z car and go to Z poolroom. I get Z balls and go to Z table and play Z one pocket. I order Z drink from Z girl and give her Z tip. I have Z fun...
Z End !

Not sure what that is about.

But here is a note about that precision slate they say those tables come with............If you would like the table without slate, they will deduct 50.00! LOL 50 bucks off? How precision do ya think those are! Not sure if you ever noticed it wakuljr, but you can set your levels on the slates and they wobble! You can rock the level back and forth in spots! I think they need to recalibrate that slate honing machine.....lol! :rolleyes:

Oh yeah......check out Zimmy Billiards. They import those tables from overseas just like Z Billiards do......you would think they could get more creative with the name huh? lol :p

Last edited:

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this has happened quite a few times to me at my store, i don't mean to be rude...but. people will come in and look at my olhausens, amf's, vitalies. tell me that these tables are just to expencive. they go and buy a table on-line that will look just like a olh. donna marie($5000 in my store) then call me and say "do you remember me" then tell me they want my guys to set up this awsome table they got for olny $1800.LOL i say "no" trying to contain my laughter. now, here is the funny part, 4 of them have come back in 3-4 months later and bought the table that was "to expencive" because they found out the hard way and the quality i was talking about lol. an $1800 mistake, "i learned the hard way" and i can't really say anything to them about their stupidty. after all, i am just a saleman trying to make a buck...LOL. i would rather sell a table once and not hear from them again, not trying to be mean. but this is vegas, and everyone want everythng for next to nothing. we get calls from people who recieved their tables, but no felt, they get mad when to tell them how much felt is, they think i am going to give it to them for free, LOL. after all it is JUST a pool table, if it looks good then it must be.....LOL

Joseph Cues

Cue Nut
Silver Member
Wakul,
Maybe you should pick up one of the craps and display them in your store. :D
Kinda like, this is your brain and this is your brain on drugs thingie. :D
Btw, pls don't call it felt. We're anal here about that word. It's pool table cloth. ;)
I used to sell home stereos. It was funny and sad when these people came to our store asking if we've heard about these speakers they bought off two guys in a van. lol

Hey Wakl.....did you ever see the video that comes with the Ztables now? The guy that we did this last one for said it came with a video if you are interested in watching it. Sure what the hell.....worth a laugh! So he popped it in and we kinda watched it as we were working. The guy evidently tried to follow the video and realized it was more than he wanted to get into and thats why he called us. You should see it...it's a riot,,,,,lol!

sureshot

Registered
Z Billiards Table

Just to let you guys Know. I purchased a table 4 years ago from Z Billiards. This company out of california come out in a truck with the table and set it up. That was part of the purchase. From the start this table has been perfect, no problems at all. I even helped the guys out with the table putting it together. No problems there either. As of right now not to sure of the quality of the tables, but back then when I purchased mine it was alot less money then some other name brand tables, but to me had the same quality as the more money tables. Just thought I would let some of the people here read a postive feed back on Z billiards Tables. Thanks for your time.................................sureshot

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hehehe, we did. we had two of them, both cracked within 2 months on our floor. needless to say they were great selling tool. sales of olhausens went way up. wish we still had them. both tables we had were suposed to be "solid wood", they were routered, but if you looked at them closely....they were veneers painted to look like real wood(rubber wood)

sureshot said:
Just to let you guys Know. I purchased a table 4 years ago from Z Billiards. This company out of california come out in a truck with the table and set it up. That was part of the purchase. From the start this table has been perfect, no problems at all. I even helped the guys out with the table putting it together. No problems there either. As of right now not to sure of the quality of the tables, but back then when I purchased mine it was alot less money then some other name brand tables, but to me had the same quality as the more money tables. Just thought I would let some of the people here read a postive feed back on Z billiards Tables. Thanks for your time.................................sureshot
I will admit this......The first one we saw impressed us for the price. And really didn't have any problems with it, but that was the only one! For the money they will sufice for the average home player that never gets out to play on a real table. But the slates are crap....they are no where near precision ground as they claim. For the money they are great for the people that don't know any better. They are knock offs of a real table.
I am glad you are one of the few that are happy with this table sureshot, but you are what they call the needle in the hay stack! If you over look the slates, and they actually got the holes drilled straight on your table, and the pocket irons are straight, you got lucky as hell! The finish on the tables are great! I was surprised how deep the finish looks, and nice! But it's like a polished turd....lol! Looks nice from a distance, but don't look real close!

outreach

**zbilliards (now selling as pegasusbilliards) Customers: Important Notice**

If you purchased an item from zbilliards (now selling as pegasusbilliards), Adam Ginsberg, etc. on eBay and did not receive either a refund or your item, or an incomplete item, there is a group of eBay buyers that organized to get assistance from eBay and law enforcement to pursue this seller. eBay has stepped in and is available and willing to assist you.

There is a "pool table" thread running about this seller on the Trust & Safety Community board at eBay. Stop by and visit the thread.

Or, you can contact this person who is helping the buyers file reports: orange_cape@hotmail.com. Please provide the following information so you can join the other buyers that are trying to recover their money.

name, address, telephone number, email address
date of transaction
transaction number
item purchased
amount paid, method of payment
problems: item not received, received but defective, incomplete shipment, etc.
attempts at resolution/contact with company

Reports need to be filed immediately and I encourage you to either post on the eBay Trust & Safety community board "pool table" thread or send the requested information to:

orange_cape@hotmail.com.

Thank you.

Last edited: