Zero X System

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
Gotta jump in real quick on the storage issue. You can also upload your videos to YouTube and set them to private so that only you can view them.

I have a few that are this way so I can access them from any computer and not have to worry about losing them.

Mark Avlon

Northwest Pool School
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm wondering what exactly is on this video.

It's a clearly explained simple kicking system that will significantly help someone struggling with kicking. It's well worth the very minimal cost.

If you want to know more about it, you should buy it.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
You just have me confused. If I just learned 5 different kicking systems, I wouldn't naturally say "I can't wait to try IT."

So I'm wondering what exactly is on this video.
There were three basic systems discussed. The first was roughly the standard 1-cushion double-the-diamond system, but it includes the cases when the target is on a cushion and not in the pocket and the case when the cue ball is in the "open table." The system as presented changes the spin on the cue ball depending on how far across the table it starts.

A second system is the plus-2 (end rail/side rail/side rail) including the numbering needed for extension to the (second) short rail as the third rail.

The third system is the corner-5 primarily for hitting a target on or near the third cushion with a very brief explanation of an extension to get to targets a small distance from the third cushion.

As for your confusion, it's understandable. Most people don't understand that there are lots of diamond systems. If they want to see lots more systems, they may want to consider getting the books by Bob Byrne and Walt Harris.

ChrisBanks

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There were three basic systems discussed. The first was roughly the standard 1-cushion double-the-diamond system, but it includes the cases when the target is on a cushion and not in the pocket and the case when the cue ball is in the "open table." The system as presented changes the spin on the cue ball depending on how far across the table it starts.

A second system is the plus-2 (end rail/side rail/side rail) including the numbering needed for extension to the (second) short rail as the third rail.

The third system is the corner-5 primarily for hitting a target on or near the third cushion with a very brief explanation of an extension to get to targets a small distance from the third cushion.

As for your confusion, it's understandable. Most people don't understand that there are lots of diamond systems. If they want to see lots more systems, they may want to consider getting the books by Bob Byrne and Walt Harris.

Bob,

You and I both know that you have provided the most in depth study on the corner 5 that is available. In fact I would prefer that other people never find the information, as they might someday use it against me. The Plus 2 has been well documented, and I'm not sure anything can be added to it.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bob,

You and I both know that you have provided the most in depth study on the corner 5 that is available. In fact I would prefer that other people never find the information, as they might someday use it against me. The Plus 2 has been well documented, and I'm not sure anything can be added to it.

Amen :)

:thumbup:

oshua86

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The banking system came out, how do I get it for free? I bought the kicking system and the promotion said I would get banking for free when it came out

leehayes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I just purchased the bank video. I haven't seen it all but it's really simple and seems like it will help tremendously.

However, the reason I spent the money was because of the free video he has on you tube.
I watched the whole thing and there was one thing he said that has now revolutionized my shooting. I've been playing for 10 years and never knew what I heard and it's so simple I feel stupid for not knowing it.
My pocketing skills were pretty good but now they are vastly improved and it only took me about 2 minutes to implement it.

I'm anticipating my banks to be improved in the same manner.

Certainly worth the little bit of cost!

NobodySpecial

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The banking system came out, how do I get it for free? I bought the kicking system and the promotion said I would get banking for free when it came out

I'm wondering the same thing. I've emailed Tor and am waiting for a reply. I probably just missed an email somewhere.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I'm wondering the same thing. I've emailed Tor and am waiting for a reply. I probably just missed an email somewhere.

YOU ALL ARE NITS:yikes:
whether you should have gotten it for free or not
CMON MAN
spring for 10 or less bucks
jmho
icbw
:p

RunEm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 80%
4   1   0
I know this post is kinda old but I watched this stuff on utube and would love a copy of all that I seen on there think it was Zero-X kicking, banking, pool secrets, system and the Advance Pool Lessons videos does anyone have the full set I'd be willing to pay for copy or trade please let me know thanks everyone

taemin952

XiaoTing Pan's Soulmate
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
My .02

Disclosure!

I've already received several PM's since I posted the below, requesting my own Zero-X Kicking and Banking system home-made booklet, but unfortunately I have no rights to distribute it in any way. I just highly recommend that for any systematic approach where math and assigned pocket values are involved, that you watch each phase/lesson and be ready to pause to take some screenshots and jot down useful notes, especially the rules. Thanks though!

I've purchased all Zero-X System video's available. Tor replied to my email just last week saying he's releasing a monster of a 4th video very soon. I love everything about the current ones. In fact, I've 'transcribed' his video lessons into a small bound manual full of his own graphics w/ all the zero-x rules to live by as taught. I'm probably not the only one to request a mini-book, pamplet, etc. so I took the liberty to make my own using MS Visio and SnagIT for screen captures.

I carry it in my case everytime I visit a pool room and it's saved my ass in sticky situations 10x over, including the most recent hill-hill battle I had in a local tourney that I ended up winning. My only complaint (if you could even call it one) is most of the scenarios are taught assuming the "zero" pocket is in the lower left from an ariel view. I had to design my manual to accomodate all the possible sides of the table you could be on. Then, I felt the "supercharge" of my game lol.

Last edited:

kavik79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I stumbled across the free youtube video about a week ago, watched all three hours of it and it helped me brush up on a lot of things I've forgotten after so many years of not playing. So I went and bought the rest of the videos

Haven't made it through them all yet, but I started on the kicking video and it seems fairly easy compared to a lot of other systems I've seen in the past

However, my one complaint about full video downloads as opposed to DVD's is there is no easy way of jumping to a certain section....so I just finished splitting the file into each chapter, or "Phase"

If this is helpful for anyone, here's a list of times for the start of each section in the Kicking video:

00:01:49 Phase 1 - Connecting Diamonds
00:06:11 Phase 2 - Finding The Diagonal
00:11:08 Phase 3 - Aiming Kicks
00:29:01 Phase 4 - Striking Object Balls (Side Rail Kicks)
00:44:12 Phase 5 - End Rail Kicks
00:57:36 Phase 6 - Pocketing Kick Shots
01:06:26 Phase 7 - Long Rail Kicks
01:23:02 Phase 8 - 2&3 Rail Kick Shots
01:49:10 Phase 9 - EZ Kicking System

taemin952

XiaoTing Pan's Soulmate
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Take a screenshot of when his table is labeled.That is, the numbering. Use that same shot many times over as you're demonstrating a "rule".