Zion Zvi wins Ginky Memorial

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Congratulations to Zion. He beat Mika Immonen in the finals 9-8 and was undefeated in a strong field that included Dechaine, Morra, Robles, Strickland, Shuff, Wilkie, Lombardo and others. Nice win for Zion who works full time to compete with the full time pro's.

Wedge

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Congratulations to Zion. He beat Mika Immonen in the finals 9-8 and was undefeated in a strong field that included Dechaine, Morra, Robles, Strickland, Shuff, Wilkie, Lombardo and others. Nice win for Zion who works full time to compete with the full time pro's.

Wedge

Thanks for the info Wedge. I love to see a full time worker take tournaments down, Johnnyt

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Definitely congrats to Zion. A powerful performance.
The commentary explained he is now a US citizen- so is this a notch in the running for a US Mosconi cup team spot?

I'll be watching him at Turning Stone in August to see if he can extend this run to that field.

And yes, always inspirational to see full time workers play on that level. Very cool.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
During the commentary they said he had stopped working to focus more on pool. And now is gonna do Uber?
I guess part time?
But was definitely working up to this point.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
During the commentary they said he had stopped working to focus more on pool. And now is gonna do Uber?
I guess part time?
But was definitely working up to this point.
Dunno; when i talked to Zion a few weeks ago, he told me he had been working a lot and not playing pool much at all.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Wedge

I hope players like ZZ are inspirations to 'the Kid' (the one who asked for advice last week)
that playing at a high level AND having a job (or going to school or simply achieving concomitant goals)
are indeed possible.

Over the next few years, and relative to past times,
don't be surprised to see more and more players who play jam-up, but who also have significant 'non-pool' lives.

Last edited:

NastyNate13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Huge shout out to Alan Rolon of Puerto Rico. Beat some big dogs like Mike Dechaine and John Morra and only narrowly lost to Mika.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good for Zion. He's the league pro for megabucks and he's a very valuable asset to them when it comes to lessons and just being a very approachable player. Yes, he will be doing the Uber stuff but what can you do? Only a small few can make a living off of pool.

VIProfessor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Huge shout out to Alan Rolon of Puerto Rico. Beat some big dogs like Mike Dechaine and John Morra and only narrowly lost to Mika.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome! He and I had a little session some years back and he sure made a believer out of me! Great rhythm and table presence! Good job Alan!