Canadian Championship 2013

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shiiiiiiit. Wonder who suggested that genius schedule.....

I hope this year is a successful event.

I wonder if anyone has access to streaming equipment. Last year we had Rod and John Croft in the booth. Curious to see who steps up this year

jayrox

Toxic Moose
Silver Member
Denise Belanger has streaming equipment I think...maybe someone could talk with her

Jason

jaycast16

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shiiiiiiit. Wonder who suggested that genius schedule.....

I hope this year is a successful event.

I wonder if anyone has access to streaming equipment. Last year we had Rod and John Croft in the booth. Curious to see who steps up this year

I hope Rod would step up again and do the streaming..he did a tremendous job last year as well as in commentating

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anybody know the criteria to play in the Amateurs? There alittle vague to me. I have that weekend off and would like to participate.

jaycast16

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know the costs yet to enter each event?

I heard it will the same as last year.$175 each entry

Does anybody know the criteria to play in the Amateurs? There alittle vague to me. I have that weekend off and would like to participate.

7 and below handicap in 404 event are the only one allowed to play.8 and above handicap aren't.(i am talking about only in Toronto,not sure about the other provinces)

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard it will the same as last year.$175 each entry

7 and below handicap in 404 event are the only one allowed to play.8 and above handicap aren't.(i am talking about only in Toronto,not sure about the other provinces)

$175 is only the AM event.

225 was 10 ball
300? 8/9 ball open

Juniors was free but now I think they're making them pay something, not sure what.

I may try and play in the 8 ball, we'll see if my schedule lines up with it.

SteveC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Canadians Information

I think all of you involved in these discussions are all ON residents, so if you have any questions you should be contacting John White. If anyone here does not know John, he can be contacted at Shooters Snooker & Sports Club in North York.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think all of you involved in these discussions are all ON residents, so if you have any questions you should be contacting John White. If anyone here does not know John, he can be contacted at Shooters Snooker & Sports Club in North York.

You're the man, your obviously read the thread on here, you know the info (entry fees at least) you could have thrown a link up there or said 'these are the entry fees'

Throw them a bone, brother!

jaycast16

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be at Shooters this weekend. If anyone has more question, let me know.i sure John white will be there

SteveC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dan - Here Is Your Bone

First of all Dan, you are the MAN. I stay awake at night just thinking what the next day will bring In The Life Of Dan Lewis! You are an interesting fella. And I do say that in all respect.

Any way the sanction fees for each Canadian Championships divisions are:

Amateur - $200
8 & 9-Ball - $350
10-Ball - $250
These fees includes a $25 Provincial fee, replacing the "old" set fee per Province.

I referred you all back to John White because he is the ON Provincial rep & you would all have to register your entry with him.

We have been in correspondance with Randy Fawcett, St. Catherines, & Greg Plester, Kitchener-Waterloo, & both of them are planning on holding qualifiers in their area.

If anyone else in ON would like to host a Canadian Championship qualifier, please contact John W. or me. Our contact info can be found at www.cbsa.ca

There is also qualifiers each year at Shooters on Lawrence Ave. East.

SteveC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ontario Amateurs

In regards to my last note, John White also has the say in who from ON can play in the Amateur division, so please contact John if you need any info on that.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First of all Dan, you are the MAN. I stay awake at night just thinking what the next day will bring In The Life Of Dan Lewis! You are an interesting fella. And I do say that in all respect.

Any way the sanction fees for each Canadian Championships divisions are:

Amateur - $200
8 & 9-Ball - $350
10-Ball - $250
These fees includes a $25 Provincial fee, replacing the "old" set fee per Province.

I referred you all back to John White because he is the ON Provincial rep & you would all have to register your entry with him.

We have been in correspondance with Randy Fawcett, St. Catherines, & Greg Plester, Kitchener-Waterloo, & both of them are planning on holding qualifiers in their area.

If anyone else in ON would like to host a Canadian Championship qualifier, please contact John W. or me. Our contact info can be found at www.cbsa.ca

There is also qualifiers each year at Shooters on Lawrence Ave. East.
Thatta boy coop!

I'll be there for sure, unlikely I play in any of the events but I'll be playing some tournaments for two.

Marbles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought you did a great job last year as well,hoping to see/hear you in the booth this year too!!

barracuda

Registered
So umm.. The CBSA site says that if less than 12 entries are confirmed by May 24, 2013 that the division will be cancelled. I hope other places have been hosting qualifiers because Shooters has yet to hold any to the best of my knowledge.. And this deadline is just over a week from now.

Should we be concerned about this? =S