-•-∞-• Some INCREDIBLE wood - "Cues by Drew" •-∞-•

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.6%
229   1   0
I picked these "Cues by Drew" up from Chris Drew at the Midwest Cue Show. I was extremely impressed with the quality of work and materials in these cues. These cues are super solid and a tremendous amount cue for the money. Satisfaction guaranteed.

The first cue is a Snakewood forearm and Butt Sleeve cue with an Ivory joint and Ivory Hoppe ring. The butt weighs 15.4oz and each 13mm shaft weighs 4oz. The ferrules are LBM. Cue has a high quality textured leather wrap from Martin that has a great feel. SOLD

The second cue has a Camphor Burl forearm and butt sleeve, and the figure is outstanding. The butt weighs 15.6 and the 13mm shaft weighs 4oz. The cue has a chocolate colored genuine Elephant Ear wrap, and has an Ivory Hoppe ring and an Ivory ring at the joint. This cue is $900 shipped.

Both these cues have a 3/8x10 joint pin.

Drew%20Snake.jpg

Drew%20Burl.jpg

Last edited:

pwmike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cues by drew

wow you don`t see many cues that are all snakewood . very nice cues.

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.6%
229   1   0
Feel free to make offers on these cues. As stated, satisfaction guaranteed! The materials are top shelf and the cues play great.

jwe711

The Great Cue Masters...!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
WOW, awesome looking WOODS !!!

Both are beautiful pieces.

Mother Nature + Skilled Craftsman = Awesome Cues !!!!

DirtyHarry

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I LOVE snakewood...never saw an entire forearm made of snakewood, beautiful!!! I have one made by Capone that has a full butt sleeve. I would have bought this cue in a heartbeat, I just now came across this thread. I'm in awe....anyone know how much it sold for?

Harry

DD Custom Cues

Cues by Drew
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I LOVE snakewood...never saw an entire forearm made of snakewood, beautiful!!! I have one made by Capone that has a full butt sleeve. I would have bought this cue in a heartbeat, I just now came across this thread. I'm in awe....anyone know how much it sold for?

Harry

I built this cue. It originally sold for $1100. I got a call from a friend in florida a few months back saying a cue collector in his room came in with that cue. The snakewood in that cue was some of the nicest snakewood ive seen.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

DirtyHarry

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built this cue. It originally sold for $1100. I got a call from a friend in florida a few months back saying a cue collector in his room came in with that cue. The snakewood in that cue was some of the nicest snakewood ive seen.

VERY nice work, I'm really impressed! Was it hard to find a piece of wood that big that worked so nicely? I know snakewood can be hard to work with. And I think $1100 is a steal for such a nice piece of art. Would you consider making another? I might be interested later on down the line. Again, beautiful work!

Harry

DD Custom Cues

Cues by Drew
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
VERY nice work, I'm really impressed! Was it hard to find a piece of wood that big that worked so nicely? I know snakewood can be hard to work with. And I think $1100 is a steal for such a nice piece of art. Would you consider making another? I might be interested later on down the line. Again, beautiful work!

Harry

At the moment I dont have any snakewood. The last time I tried to find some as nice as what is in that cue the price was crazy high. I probably wont attempt another full snakewood cue. I built two of them the other is the same as that but with four curly maple points. Between the cost of good snakewood being so high and the risk of it cracking at any point during and after the construction I dont see myself doing it again. But there are lot of other great woods out there that are just as nice or nicer. I have a piece of quilted sapelle that gives any piece of snakewook a run for the money. I also have a lot of really nice burls so if your interested in a different type of wood let me know.